New to two parters

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

New to two parters

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

I have a few questions....

With wool, would you reuse the cover? or is it 1:1 cover and nappy? Does wool fitr over most things? They look quite bulky, would they fit under most clothes?

Can you really mix and match wraps and nappies? or are there some that work better together? Is this generally know or is it trail and error depending on your child?

Do you reuuse PUL wraps? How many times?

Where can I get invisable/see through clothes so people can see my new stash? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: New to two parters

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:45 am

ems101 wrote:I have a few questions....

With wool, would you reuse the cover? or is it 1:1 cover and nappy? Does wool fitr over most things? They look quite bulky, would they fit under most clothes?

M wears the same soaker or longies/skirtie etc all day, then a fresh one for night (unless we get a poo leak obviously!!). I find fitteds and wool much slimmer than a stuffed pocket personally. M generally wears wool as a layer of clothing :wink: but does wear a soaker with tights over under her dresses and skirts.

ems101 wrote:Can you really mix and match wraps and nappies? or are there some that work better together? Is this generally know or is it trail and error depending on your child?

I'm no expert on wraps as I've not used them for years but yes I used two brands of wraps over all of my fitteds.

ems101 wrote:Do you reuuse PUL wraps? How many times?

I would imagine its the same as wool, use the same wrap all day unless it gets dirty.

ems101 wrote:Where can I get invisable/see through clothes so people can see my new stash? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
Can't help with that one, sorry! :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am

hehe welcome to the dark side.

Yes you can reuse wool I only wash if it is dirty or whiffy so you should get a good few wears out of it before washing.

Clothes wise it depends really where you get them from, I tend to just use fitteds with wool but do sometimes use a fitted and a wrap under dungers as they are more roomy round the bum.

yes you can re-use a wrap, I would use one for 2 or 3 nappy changes depending if it got damp or not.

yes you can mix and match nappies and wraps, it is just a case of working out what best suits you lo, my favs are motherease rikki's. xx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

You can use wool several times, unless poo has escaped! Generally, when the wool needs washing / lanolising you will either get leaks or it will hold smells. I'm using wool over all of Emmet's fitteds but he's still in sleepsuits so makes no difference re clothes. I used pockets with Jonah & Isaac so can't help re the clothes issue.

I prefer wool to wraps but you can use any wrap with any nappy although liek with any nappies, it will come down to what fits & suits the best. Also, you can re-use PUL wraps a few times too.

:giggle: & :thumbsup: to see through clothes for full nappy exposure :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:08 am

Brilliant thanks ladies! Please be just as helpful and supportive when Hubs divorces me for spending all our money...!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 am

ems101 wrote:Brilliant thanks ladies! Please be just as helpful and supportive when Hubs divorces me for spending all our money...!

Shhhh just don't tell him :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Just tell him how much money you are saving by not using sposies!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat