hf1

Nappy recs for a long baby

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Nappy recs for a long baby

Postby SLB » Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm

My son is very long, he is now 18months old so a way to go before PT! BGV4s are great on him as are high rise weenotions but I seem to be getting builders bum with his rumperooz nappies which fitted my 3yr old daughter no problem, but she is a bit of a shorty, and whereas before they had good containment they are now a bit hit and miss :evil:

I have tried the previous versions of the easyfits but havn't felt the easyfit love for some reason but feel the need to try the new V3s especially as they are available in poppers :D . Can anyone tell me what the rise is like of the new easyfits (I'm loving the prints) compared to the BGV4s.

Thank you :thumbsup:

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Nappy recs for a long baby

Postby Dora » Tue May 08, 2012 8:41 am

I have an extremely long baby as well-he was off the charts when born so I've had this problem from early on when I tried sized pockets. I have read that the rise is quite good for the new version. Here's a link to something in case you hadn't read it :)

http://dailymothering.com/sneak-peek-re ... th-diaper/

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

Martha was long and thin and we used Fuzzis as our go to nappy, the mediums lasted us long after the BGs were getting a bit small. They also do a petite toddler which is higher rise but for skinnies. we stuffed them with hemp or bamboo and a microfibre booster on top.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 am

oh or Happy Heinys larges were good too - aplix, and make sure you get PUL so not the prints (prints are cotton and wick)

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Tue May 08, 2012 10:00 am

Yes-fuzzi bunzs are HUGE in the rise actually...I had sized ones though as opposed to a one-size (if they do them?) X

My avatar
SLB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby SLB » Tue May 08, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank you, that link is great Dora, just what I was looking for :D Will check out the other brands too. x

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Dora wrote:I have an extremely long baby as well-he was off the charts when born so I've had this problem from early on when I tried sized pockets. I have read that the rise is quite good for the new version. Here's a link to something in case you hadn't read it :)

http://dailymothering.com/sneak-peek-re ... th-diaper/

What a great review!

My lo is very tall for his age but fits age appropriate trousers so I think it's all in the body making the rise of nappies a big deal for me too. I use BGv4 which are great but my stash is mostly applix. With my wriggly little boy poppers are the way to go so I may try these Tots Bots next time I'm nappy shopping.

Thank you ladies for asking such good questions and giving such helpful advice. I love this site :D

My avatar
Madmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Madmum » Sat May 12, 2012 1:34 am

Hi, we bought some of the new v3 for ds who is also a long 18 month old. I have to say I much prefer the applix over the poppers. I find the fit with poppers a bit snug (he is chunky thighed!) Applix gives a much better fit, a few mums posted the same thing on TotsBots FB page. HTH x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat