hf1

What nappies to use on large toddler please?!

My avatar
Hippychick
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: What nappies to use on large toddler please?!

Postby Hippychick » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 am

I had this problem with my DD2 who was-shall we say- more "generously thighed" than my DD1 !!! I found that motherease onesize and my smaller pockets just would not do up with DD2.

We moved over to a combination of Toddle-Ease (these are extra large Motherease Sandies in style, popper so child can't undo them, and can hold a baby elephant, esp when extra boosted) and Totsbots size 3s, with either a motherease XL airflow wrap or a size 3 Totsbots fleece wrap over the top.

This got us through the six months or so before she was ready to potty train: i found as a toddler she needed less nappies (6-8 in total) but the downside is there are very few about secondhand as not many mamas use the larger sizes, and those that do tend to hang on to them!

Good luck, I do think fitteds are the way forward for power wees as they just have better capacity.

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Hiya I've just had e same problem and like you much prefer pockets - I' ve just bought some preloved large fuzzi bunz and they're huge. My boy didn't fit in any of his btp nappies or large in other makes but he has these on the second to last leg fastening and the tightest waist poppers, I am boosting them with a small prefold wrapped around a ll small bamboo booster and they're working brilliantly - and there's still room for more boosting if needed - a great investment that will defiantly last me till he's potty trained and he's only 18m now x

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Oh yeah and I've also been told that the size 2 pop n grow are big so I've ordered some of those as well - ( any excuse to feed my addiction lol) will let you know how we get on with those when they arrive x

My avatar
shafters1976
Clothie
Clothie

Postby shafters1976 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:58 am

Thanks all - you've all been extremely helpful! When I get a second I'm going to take a few minutes to properly read through all of this advice and look into investing in some new nappies. X

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:07 pm

DD was big & long after she had outgrown all her other nappies, her Bububebe nappies still fitted with room to spare. She has been on the 91st centile since birth & the Bububebes still had lots of room when she was 18 months old. Not only that but they were really absorbant too. You can get them preloved on the classified sometimes but if not, you can find the site on hyena cart.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat