hf1

Nb nappies

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Nb nappies

Postby ems101 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 pm

We're new to two Parters but using nappies like ll bamboo and Diddy diapers with wraps on James. He tends to feed then have a big sleep, 2 hrs or so and sometimes the nappy comes off totally saturated. Not leaking but must be cold and uncomfortable for him. How do I deal with it? Liners maybe? I love putting them on him, so soft and comfortable compared to disposables!

Xxx

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nb nappies

Postby Rox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Boost the nappies so they arent quite so wet and use a liner :thumbsup:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 pm

You could try a fleece liner but not all children are bothered by the dampness.

Adding a booster will help draw the moisture away more

I only started using liners with Eleanor when we started blw and that was to help me dispose of the poo better. She was never bothered by the wet nappy.
In fact I find they actually irritate her skin. The natural fibres of the nappy are sooo much better. So now she's 15 months I use liners until she has her poop of the day which is usually the morning and then go without liners for the rest of the day.

My avatar
Tmc123
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Tmc123 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Hiya hun, it seems like liners are definitely what you need :thumbsup: , ive always used washable liners as they're really soft on the skin and baby doesn't feel any wetness - i always found that paper ones seemed hard and uncomfortable when they creased and they stick to the skin :( . I bought a metre of fleece fabric and cut it to the size of my nappies, this is really soft AND worked really well and they're still going strong a year later. I have also bought cheap fleecy baby blankets and cut them to size. For ultimate luxury little lamb do a luscious fluffy liner :love: - i think they're about £6 for 10 and come in 2 sizes - hope this helps :D

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:52 am

I'd try huge home made fleece liners - although that'll be awful with nb poo as it'll just stick rather than absorb, and may make things worse? If you find that too icky, I'd be tempted to leave it unless he's complaining. Dampness doesn't seem to bother most babies, plus it'll be warmed by his body heat. There's lots of tales of cloth toddlers refusing to take their wet nappies off cos they're too cosy in them!

Oh, and boosting obviously (can be tricky when they're tiny though, cos the mahoosive bottom seems higher than their head!)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 pm

We are still experiencing this problem of a sodden nappy, and he really does dislike it :( Liners dont really seem to help. They just last such a little time - less than an hour even with boosting. Im really not feeling the love with NB nappies, and wondring wehther to wait until he fits our BG pockets to cloth nappy him :(

Sucky

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

Will he not fit smalls yet? Scarlett was out growing/peeing most of her NB between 4-6weeks, they dont last long. We moved into smalls at that point.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 pm

im not really up on the sizing of all the nappies, but thought sz1 LLs and Diddy diapers would be ok for a while, they fit fine, just take minutes to outpee!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:26 pm

We put 2 boosters in our little lambs or a little lamb and a zorb one.I am not keen on the little lamb liners so made my own fleece ones.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat