hf1

Losing my love for cloth

My avatar
snowy-willow
Clothie
Clothie

Losing my love for cloth

Postby snowy-willow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:15 pm

I am starting to lose my love for cloth completely. Btp are too tight around the legs and only just do up round her waist. The large and size 2 I have bought are either too loose round the waist when ok around her legs or too loose round her legs when perfect round her waist. Thought we had found something that worked when I got some pop n grow size 2. She needs them poppered up to get a good fit and when lying down they are great but as soon as she starts to move the bit between the poppers unfolds (poppers still done up) and they become very loose round the legs.

I have been buying a variety of different makes over the last few weeks and keep having the same issues.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I just feel like giving up completely and selling the lot.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Losing my love for cloth

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Are they all front fastening nappies? We don't get on with most ff nappies here, the fit isn't great. Side snaps are much much better as you can adjust the waist and legs seperately.

My avatar
snowy-willow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snowy-willow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm

We have a large side snap and It is the worse fit out of all the large. OH struggles to even do side snaps up.

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Why not try a nippa'd nappy such as Bumble or the like with a cover over? That way you can get a perfect fit everytime.

My avatar
snowy-willow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snowy-willow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:52 pm

They scare OH so would then mean me to every single nappy change (am pregnant and have spd so struggling to change as it is) and having to change in two parts will be a nightmare with a dd who hates nappy change. The only wrap nappy we use are flips as they are simple and OH can manage them.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 pm

snowy-willow wrote:They scare OH so would then mean me to every single nappy change (am pregnant and have spd so struggling to change as it is) and having to change in two parts will be a nightmare with a dd who hates nappy change. The only wrap nappy we use are flips as they are simple and OH can manage them.

Eeeeek! In that case, my (thought-of) suggestion of terry squares (which you can fold to fit anyone) would be right out...

Re: SPD, I read about an organisation in my NHS instruction book called the pelvic partnership, which offers support/help for people experiencing pain during pregnancy.

My avatar
snowy-willow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby snowy-willow » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Will look into them as so far nothing has helped and I am getting to the point where I am more or less house bound.

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 pm

We use Lollipop pop n gro size 2 here too. I find it depends on what I stuff them with. They do have a tendency to get a bit too untucked around the poppers. They really need a third popper in the middle to hold them properly in my opinion. Saying that I find if I am using my less floppy inserts the pocket does behave (at least until the insert is wet and the nappy needs changed and then he looks like droopy drawers :hohoho: ) It might be worth playing around with different inserts. I guess you could also get someone to put in a third popper in the middle if all else fails.

In terms of PGP I can highly recommend going to an osteopath. My pelvis had got out of alignment and the muscles on one side had got really tight to try and compensate and my osteopath loosened things up, got things into better alignment and got me moving with much less pain. I still have it a bit now (LO almost 2) and I needed physio to try and address the muscle imbalance. Don't just accept the support belt and crutches, there is better help out there. :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Another thought, have you tried the Itti Bitti trick for wing droop?

Can't see this video on your phone? Tap here to watch uUEZPo0aw-s in your Youtube player

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat