hf1

She is soaked again :(

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

She is soaked again :(

Postby charlibunny » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Sophie is soaked through for the 3rd time today :shock: :cry: It seems she can hugly outwee her cotton totsbots and even more so little lambs within minutes in the day.
With the LL's she just has the lay in cotton booster (not attatched ) and fleece liner. same for tots bots. if i were to add an extra booster (which one??) would it be too bulky to work? her small wraps seem snug and she is only 5 weeks old :(
Can anyone suggest anthing to help? she is in her sisters size 2 bamboozle poppered down right now to try and help :roll:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: She is soaked again :(

Postby tanya » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Bella has always outweed fitted nappies and so requires a lot of boosting in her nappies.

You could try putting a booster between the nappy and the wrap?

I have a similar problem in that Bella is outweeing her pockets, which already have microfibre and hemp in them. Might have to consider some bamboo or more hemp.

>:D< >:D< Hope you manage to sort it out.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 am

Instead of the cotton booster I'd give hemp or bamboo a try. Or even some MF added in for good measure :wink:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:28 am

I used to have this problem with Harriet but now I use fleece topped hemp boosters and that does the trick :D . I'd also suggest maybe going up to the next size in wraps as that seemed to work for Harriet :? .

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 am

sam can also out wee most fitteds if not boosted, i use a hemp booster- swadlebees are my favorite as thin and slim and 2 layers -imbetween the nappies own booster and the nappy . also using wool has helped them last longer :D

hope you get it sorted

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

Would definately try the next size wrap, also, is the entire nappy soaked or is it dry in places? if it is it might be directional weeing and a terry/microfibre booster under the liner as well as some hemp outside the wrap might do the trick to soak up the wee quickly first, also, I find nippa nappies are essential with directional weeing otherwise they just pee stright out the side of the nappy and out of the leg hole of even a gusseted wrap. Cotton tots not massively absorbant for a heavy wetter I found, sorry.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Thankyou everyone. I know they are not the most absorbant nappies but i just cant afford to buy a whole new set. I have one bamboozle and i must adit she never leaks in that.
Today i have addded a bamboo booster aswell as cotton and she hasnt leaked. The nappies are vry bulky and difficult to get on.
I need some medium wraps now too i think. Going to go on the look out for some motherease ones or weenotions i think. Dont think too much to the nature babies really.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 pm

I find the WN wraps work really well over TB nappies - would definitely recommend them.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks, i will look for some preloved to try. i have NO med wraps.. shocking

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat