hf1

Newborn / Tiny Baby recommendation

My avatar
Boo
Clothie
Clothie

Newborn / Tiny Baby recommendation

Postby Boo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 am

I didn't start with BG until my son was 8wks old (I was slightly less sleep deprived!).. Now I'm expecting twins and been using BGs on my son for nearly two years so feel I can start with reuseables for the get go...

Considering my son was tiny 5lb and these are twins what size / type / brand nappy is best? BG AIO seem an obvious choice as I'm use to that brand, but willing to try others x

Any recommendations

My avatar
Thinkerbell
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Newborn / Tiny Baby recommendation

Postby Thinkerbell » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 am

If price is a factor, flat nappies. If price is not a factor, Swaddlebees newborn with tiny, soft wool covers.

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 am

I've got a newborn Green panda nappy which looks teeny and gorgeous . I haven't tried it yet as baby isn't due till Feb but they come highly recommended.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 am

Yes, oh woah when or green panda nb size are great as are diddy daipers. Maybe a prefold or terry would be better for when they are teeny as you can size them to fit. People rave about teenyfits too if you like an aio.
Oh and congratulations!

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 am

I was going to say teenyfits. Have you had a look at the review section that covers nb nappies?

And how exciting! Wishing you well with it all :yahoo:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 am

Teeny fits didn't work for us - I found they leaked poo and were 't absorbent enough and once J was 2 weeks old BG AIO lasted us less than an hour! Generally I much prefer 2 part nappies on tiny ones and use pockets once poos are more solid. We have started using easy fits at 6 months but get poo leaks at times! I used BG v3 btp pockets with ds1 but can't get a good fit on ds2 yet. I liked diddy diapers , nature babies lovables, swaddlebees newborn fitteds and xs OWW when J was tiny and then used little lamb size 1s after a couple of weeks. He was 7lb 13 at birth. I would get a few different nappies to try to see what works for u before getting lots of one type.I bought a lot preloved because newborn nappies only get used for a short time so are often in great condition.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm

little lamb bambooos! gorgeous and soft, and v good offers if you keep your eyes open!

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm

I've got motherease sandies, flexitots & lollipop bamboos for the first size as they are all great nappies with a mix of drying times, all teamed up with airflow wraps which have great containment :D

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:52 pm

We've been using BG AIO as well as bambooty and teenyfit, various fitteds including little lamb, tots bots, diddy diapers, bimbles. My favourites are the bimbles and diddy diapers. My ds was 7 11 at birth and is now about 11lbs.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat