hf1

Nighttime nappy changes

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Nighttime nappy changes

Postby quorlia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 am

My 5 month old doesn't like having a wet bum but until now she would be too sleepy at night to care. But she has started noticing and not resettling until it is changed. Only problem is that changing it wakes her up so she won't go back to sleep for an hour! She wears a boosted LL bamboo which handles it fine - apart from being clammy enough to annoy her. Argh!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Nighttime nappy changes

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:45 am

We are just reaching this stage too, (or we use a dispo and he leaks as he's a front sleeper, and that's The End of the World!!).

I've measure him and he's just getting the right size for medium night nappies, so I'm going to get some of those and ensure we have a stay dry layer against his skin.

Could you get a dedicated night nappy?

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 am

Do you use fleece liners at all? i cut a fleece blanket up into large squares, big enough to cover the whole nappy area and this seemed to help. Also we used minki or lollipop fleece pockets for nightime, lots of room for stuffing and fleece inner so bubs felt less wet.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 am

Try these http://www.eccobots.com/www.eccobots.coms/info.php?p=20 They are completely lined with fleece to prevent baby feeling wet, and the pocket is big enough for you to stuff as much as you need in there!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:51 am

Have you tried a Bumble. This is our night nappy as it is fleece lined and has an enormous pocket that you can stuff. I use a pre fold wrapped around two bamboo boosters or a bamboo and mircofibre booster. We last all night with an olympic piddler 2yo.

My avatar
quorlia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby quorlia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm

I use fleece liners. Think she will fit my fleece wrap so going to try that. Ox pockets are fleece lined so I might try using one of those as an inner layer.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat