hf1

This can't be normal!

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

This can't be normal!

Postby deralia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 am

my pickle of a daughter is 7 weeks old and clearly needing size 2 nappies and wraps! she's wearing her birth to potty nappies with the rise unsnapped! her size 1s are *just* fitting but i worry theyre digging in with the wraps on aswell as she instantly calms when her nappy is off. also she's leaking through her tots bots bamboozle (old style) with motherease wrap combo which used to be bomb proof! grr. the wraps just won't cover the nappy underneath anymore! always some nappy on show around her legs.
tips and advice and sympathy required please! i don't have a very big stash of size 2s but i was given a stack of regular prefolds yesterday but i don't know how to use them... :oops:

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: This can't be normal!

Postby weefywoo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:01 am

Awww My 2nd daughter was like that too :love: no idea on the prefolds though as I've never used them

My avatar
Thinkerbell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Thinkerbell » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 am

Unusual, but normal :-) My elder kids grew super fast in the beginning.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:35 am

I found I had to shorten the rise as he got older as he was in a sitting position more and the rise needed to be below the belly button so he could bent iyswim!

we found that we needed to use a fleece liner to keep him dry and comfortable and sometimes an extra bamboo booster for added absorbancy. are the old bamboozles bamboo or cotton? You maybe need something more hardcore like hemp if bamboo doesnt work

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 am

We used prefolds pad folded... There are plenty of you tube videos to show other ways to use them tho ;)

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby deralia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am

ems101 wrote:I found I had to shorten the rise as he got older as he was in a sitting position more and the rise needed to be below the belly button so he could bent iyswim!

we found that we needed to use a fleece liner to keep him dry and comfortable and sometimes an extra bamboo booster for added absorbancy. are the old bamboozles bamboo or cotton? You maybe need something more hardcore like hemp if bamboo doesnt work

yeah i can see that will need to happen when she sits up (long way off!) i think sometimes its too tight around her belly when we cradle her in a bent position, whats the rules on how tight to close the nappy?

i cut up a spare fleece blanket she has a fleece liner in every nappy, sometimes more than one! the tots are bamboo, what's the deal about hemp? is it more absorbent or something?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:02 pm

I don t think there is a 'normal' ;)
There are a few threads on prefolds here. They are a marmite thing .... I like them personally but I think I m in the minority. They re bulky and not pretty at all but do the job ;)
I folded and nippa d, do you have any nippas?

If you re having leaks I d concentrate on getting a good wrap that doesn't have a cotton outer as that will wick. I found minky outers wicked for us too. If any of the nappy is sticking out it will always leak. Or lots of people use wool

I used thirsties duo size two wraps from about 8-10 weeks I think. I m not sure what's about on the market at the mo, I m sure you ll find a good few of these in the classifieds.

I m sure someone will be along with some other ideas too.
Xxx

My avatar
Yvette75
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Yvette75 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:30 pm

What wraps are you using? A bigger wrap may be needed.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Hemp is more absorbent yes. I don't think there are rules as to how to tighten the nappy, I fasten it just below the belly button with enough slack to wedge a finger down! I use tots bots wraps and ideally a sz bigger than recomended so sz 2 with sz 2 bamboozle stretches. It might be worth stripping the nappies too to increase their absorbency.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat