hf1

What to do with old nappies.?

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

What to do with old nappies.?

Postby deralia » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

i have a bunch of 2nd and 3rd hand nappies and wraps and prefolds that i have been given and have been very used and aren't in *great* condition but are still have lots of use left....what to do? they are a bit stained, a bit grey, a bit old fashioned, a bit threadbare. is there any recycling type thing for them? i can't see anyone on here wanting them, everyone seems to have pretty modern nappies in great condition! can i send them abroad maybe? who would appreciate them??
thanks, beth

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: What to do with old nappies.?

Postby scarlet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:30 pm

There is a treecycle section in the classifieds you can offer them on there is you like , I usually give mine to clothy friends. :cnthug:

My avatar
4timeslucky
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby 4timeslucky » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 pm

The prefolds make great cleaning cloths or shoe polish cloths.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Fabric can go in our recycle bin, not sure about PUL though. You could donate them to a nappy library? Babykind were collecting nappies for an orphanage in Malawi recently too.

My avatar
mangajude
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mangajude » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 am

Bluebell wrote:Fabric can go in our recycle bin, not sure about PUL though. You could donate them to a nappy library? Babykind were collecting nappies for an orphanage in Malawi recently too.

Malawi, are often desperate for nappies, disposable ones of really expensive over there and that's if you can find them, although posting over there is a complete pain!

Might be worth contacting a few and seeing if they would be interested a lot have charity bases in the uk, they may be ab;e to take them over with them when they do visits! Home of Hope is an orphanage my friends are involved with, they have a website and you can contact them through that if you were interested.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 pm

There's an orphanage in Tanzania who would take them but postage isn't cheap
http://neemahouse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... s.html?m=1

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm

This charity send's nappies out to Africa every few months.

Operation Sunshine South West ( http://www.opsunshinesouthwest.org.uk ) is a charity based in Tavistock who take items over to Africa several times a year to people that really need their help. Your preloved nappies really can make a difference.

Hope this helps you!

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby deralia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 pm

thanks ladies! loads of great ideas and links there,i'll get on it! :)
xx

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat