hf1

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AVOID ANGEL YARNS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AVOID ANGEL YARNS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:30 pm

I am so fedup of being p*ssed about by Angel Yarns that I thought I'd just warn you all to avoid them like the plague!!!

I did an order back in January - they took my money and I didn't hear from them for a month, so I chased them up "oh sorry we're out of stock and will contact you when it comes in" - so WHY on earth didn't they tell me?!

I finally got my wool in APRIL!!!

So I decided to give them a second chance (more fool me) - guess what - wool out of stock again, but this time I'd put a message in the paypal message field specifically asking to be contacted if out of stock, so they told me what colours they DID have in stock - I replied with my choice and then after a delay in replying they get back to me - oh sorry that's out of stock now too...

So I have had enough - I have told them I want to cancel my order and I want a FULL refund and that I will not be using them again...

Steer well clear ladies of the wool!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:40 pm

Steph I have heard that there is a great wool shop in Stockport in the Marketplace so maybe you could go there and see what it is like next time you come to the nappucino.

I have used Angel Yarns in the past and they were similarly bad at comms - they sent me what they had in stock really quickly but some was missing and no explanation as to why at the time but it did follow on.

Bad customer service if you ask me.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:45 pm

Ooooh sounds great Annette! Might not be able to wait until the Nappucino though, Might have to adventure there before then!! :lol:

I'm sorry (but not suprised) to hear I'm not the old one who's had bad service from them :(

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:32 pm

It is imaginatively called "Wool" see knitwool.com

I haven't been yet but it was recommended.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:39 pm

Whoops - forgot to put in the www and that took me somewhere about computers bizarely!

Found it now though :o

Seems they don't sell the Jaeger DK Baby Merino stuff but I'm sure they've got other fab things that will do just as well!

Want some stripey longies - got some purple(mottled) Jaeger DK baby merino, what would go well with it (wool not colour I mean!)

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:03 am

That is such rubbish customer service, especially to happen twice. I waited months for circular needles and ended up cancelling, I even had to chase up the refund. I don't think I'd use them again. getknitted.com or woollyworkshop.com are good - or there is loads of wool on ebay.

My local wool shop sells Jaeger (not the baby stuff though). I'd be happy to get some and send it to you if that would help :D

pink and purple looks good together or turquoise. oops just re-read your message and that's not what you were asking. Debbie Bliss merino is really nice and comes in lovely colours. twilleys freedom spirit or king cole merino are also good. Or krafty koala does dk but she is on hols :cry:

If none if that inspires you i'll have another think!

Ali

My avatar
BabyLongLegs
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby BabyLongLegs » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:51 pm

I have had similar problems with Angel Yarns, but I contacted Tess personally (through UKHandknitters Yahoo Group) and she sorted it out personally. Saying that though, I have never used them again......

If its superwash merino you are after...King Cole Anti Tickle DK Merino is fab and the seller I have linked to is also brilliant :) Theres a shade card HERE (you could get it from Texere if you want , but Sheila is cheaper on both P&P and wool)

Hope this helps you Steph :)

Love
Sarah xXx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Oooh fantastic ladies, thankyou!!!

Looks like I may have to chase them for the refud too - no response today to my email... I may ring them tomorrow if I can bring myself to speak to them! :evil:

Ali I was after colours too :D

Sarah - I like the sound of "anti tickle"! But I think I need to get a mottled colour or it might look a bit strange - stripes of plain and mottled? Or do you think it'll look ok?

Neither getknitted nor woolyworkshop have the jaeger merino dk...

Otherwise I love the look of the twileys spirit colours!

Has anyone used English Yarns ok? They seem to have the wool I want!

My avatar
BabyLongLegs
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby BabyLongLegs » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Sarah - I like the sound of "anti tickle"! But I think I need to get a mottled colour or it might look a bit strange - stripes of plain and mottled? Or do you think it'll look ok?

The king cole is fantastic to knit with...and mottled and plain stripes will look fine.
I stripe variegated and block colours all the time in my ribbed longies.....as long as you choose your colours carefully... :)

Go for it gal ;)

Love
Sarah xXx

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat