hf1

My newborn stash so far, help me complete it please!

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

My newborn stash so far, help me complete it please!

Postby twirlygirly » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Okay, so baby due in 3 weeks and so far I have.

From lovely sellers on here:
8 XS Sandys
3 Diddy Diapers
1 Muttaquin NB
1 ME Airflow wrap small

New:
1 Grovia NB
1 Totsbots Teenyfit
1 Swaddlebee Simplex NB
20 wipes

lol, I think I need more wraps!
Is that enough nappies? How many wraps should I get and what will go best with the sandys and diddys?

I have a Smartpail instead of a bucket. What else do I need?

Many thanks x

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: My newborn stash so far, help me complete it please!

Postby Sunset » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm

You'll probably need at least 20 nappies but I would wait and see what suits baby and what you get on with before buying a full stash.
I used diddy diapers and sandys with both of mine, I loved the diddys, sandys were good too. I also had Easy peasy bimbles, newborn swaddlebees and bamboo flats.
For wraps I had a mix of nature babies and ME rikkis and airfllows, again I preferred the nature babies. I liked that they poppered down to lower the rise and I found them softer than the ME.
The diddy's come up quite big on a newborn but you can fold down the top to lower the rise and nippa them nice and snug.

Not sure what a smartpail is, but I have a junior joy bucket and two mesh bags and then wet bags for when you're out and about

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

I ithink that will last you for about 2-3days, so depends on your wahing/drying capabilities! Yes you need about 3 or 4 wraps I'd say. Perhaps some more teenyfits which you might find easier in the early days to get your head around, they are also really quick drying so good for winter time x

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 pm

:yahoo: not long left.
I d say you need some more, as you know what newborns are like, as soon as you put a fresh nappy on they poo!

Perhaps bulk out your stash with prefolds or terries just till you see what suits baby and you etc and they grow out of them so quickly too.

Wraps wise my only advice would be go for one that fits well over the sandys. I had a few sandys and used thirsties duo size 1 ( which i loved on everything else and is my fav wrap) and the little leg bits of the sandys would stick out and wick :(
I think mother ease airflow fit well over Sandys but maybe someone will be along to confirm :)
Good luck

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 pm

I like nature babies wraps, as they have the leg gard bit! I think blueberry coveralls have them too

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 pm

The ME airflows and rikki cover the sandys as do the nature babies.
I managed with 4 wraps, I would alternate between 2 each day.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 am

Defintitely not enough nappies for a newborn IMO. Depending on how often you are going to be washing you'll need 20-25 nappies. All of mine went through 10-12 nappies a day in the early weeks. No idea about wraps as we didn't/don't use them but you'll probably need a minimum of 4 or 5.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 am

I really really rate swaddlebees simplex, I had a few for my baby and LOVED them. I had tots bots teeny fits and swaddlebees (and a few xs sandies which I ddin't end up using) and wished I had all swaddlebees. I have the one sized version now. They are seriously all the rage here in the US, shops can't stock them fast enough!

But I do agree you probably need some more, unless you plan on using disposables as well. I think I had about 15 in total, but i used disposables overnight and was able to line dry in half a day.

I would also wait until your baby arrives, you may end up with a chunker or a skinny minny and need to plan accordingly.

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

Postby twirlygirly » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:29 am

Oh I just remembered I have 3 Itti Bitti SIO small that I ordered as they were reduced which I'm guessing are in the package waiting for me at the sorting office.

Okay, will get some more nappies and wraps. I actually have a bag of preloved prefolds that a friend sent me when DS was a baby but I never used them. They are various sizes and I really have no idea where to start with them, but will dig them out and have a look.

This is a Smartpail for anyone interested, I thought it sounded good.
http://www.fill-your-pants.com/nappy-bu ... -pail.html

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat