hf1

Anyone else not feeling the love for minky easyfits?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Anyone else not feeling the love for minky easyfits?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

I love easyfits, I want to love the minky ones. But there's just some bits of the minky ones that really annoy me. Like the white aplix gets really dingy quickly, and there's so much wing droop that you just don't get on the bamboo ones..

I really wish tey'd go back to selling bamboo ones. :(

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Anyone else not feeling the love for minky easyfits?

Postby ems101 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Ive just got a minky one, and love the lux feel of it, but only used it twice, so not sure on its durability. There must be somehwere you can buy the bamboo ones?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 pm

I hate them with a passion - I have to boost them so much they might as well be an empty pocket! I much prefer the bamboo V2s x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:54 pm

ems101 wrote:Ive just got a minky one, and love the lux feel of it, but only used it twice, so not sure on its durability. There must be somehwere you can buy the bamboo ones?

Nope, well not over here. everyone got rid of their stock in the Black Friday sales. I do love the feel of them but its just the lack of 'structure' of them. And the very top bit at the front rolls down so they can wick too.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:57 pm

pinksalmon2001 wrote:I hate them with a passion - I have to boost them so much they might as well be an empty pocket! I much prefer the bamboo V2s x

I'm lucky so far I don't need to boost much, but I can't rely on them being on during a nap or anything like that. I wonder if they've had lots of negative feedback?

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:52 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:
pinksalmon2001 wrote:I hate them with a passion - I have to boost them so much they might as well be an empty pocket! I much prefer the bamboo V2s x

I'm lucky so far I don't need to boost much, but I can't rely on them being on during a nap or anything like that. I wonder if they've had lots of negative feedback?

There have been quite a lot of moany threads on some of the fb groups!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:09 am

I'm not really a fan of Easyfits generally. I know people rave about them but I've never been able to get a good fit (V2 or V3) on either of my girls. I have a couple of V3s and in addition to the poor fit they need a lot of boosting. I'd never trust them out and about - they're strictly 'at home' nappies.

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm

I must admit, although my first nappy was a V2 easyfit and I loved it at the time... I've since discovered that they aren't a great fit. I have bought easyfits second hand on ebay, so have some V1, some V2 and some V3. My V1's which are just pocket nappies are the best! The V3 minky's do feel great but don't hold much at all, so i need to boost them. The other problem I have is that LO is 11kg so 24lb approx. He is tall and thin for his age, at 18 months some of his clothes are still 9 - 12 months as long as they have the length in them. Anyway my issue with easyfits is that they don't have the rise they need for him - they sit low on his hips and we need to do them up tight round the middle, but then it feels like I'm cutting off the blood supply to his legs. The minky ones do have wing droop. I find my best nappies are close parent, and the BG flip. Oh and my alltime favourite strechy material Hahtuvahullu...
My tot's bots are spares for when I haven't got throught the washing quickly enough.
:)

My avatar
mollycoddles
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mollycoddles » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:57 pm

PS another thing I don't like so much about the easy fits is that I can't strip wash them with a dishwasher tablet because they are all in one. Annoying! I recon the both the V2 and the V3 could do with a go in the tumble drier to fluff up a little after all the use they've had, but they've had this past year, but obviously I can't do that because of the outer shell. :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat