hf1

Newborn stash - what else?

My avatar
Liz_Mossum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Newborn stash - what else?

Postby Liz_Mossum » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 pm

I'm completely new to babies and cloth, but have been reading reviews all over the place. Wanted to get a good selection of AIOs and Fitted and just try them out when he arrives before buying a load of the ones that work.
So does this sound enough just for that purpose? Appreciate we'll need more for continued use.

Fitted
1 Totsbots Stretchy size 1
4 Motherease Sandy's
3 LLs

AIOs
1 Totsbots Easyfit
1 Totsbots Teenyfit
1 BG Newborn
2 Rumparooz Lil Joeys Newborn

Wraps
1 Totswrap size 0
2 Motherease Rikki small

Other
3 LL liners
3 LL boosters
1 pack Totsbots disposable liners.

Also thinking about bidding on some Kissaluvs small, Weenotions NL and Swaddlebees Simplex NB.
Don't want to get carried away, and have bought most secondhand, as would rather spend the money on the ones that we know work and we'll carry on using.

I'll need to get a nappy bin, mesh and some other bits and pieces, but in terms of nappies, would anyone recommend any others? Am I missing anything? Should I be buying lots of really good boosters and liners? Would prefer reusable liners ideally. Thanks all :)

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Newborn stash - what else?

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:36 am

For nb stage, i am loving Green panda fitteds, nature babies lovables and terry squares. I also prefer Blueberry coveralls to all other wraps. We have our newborn in the mini coverall and our giant toddler in the 2nd size. Both fit really well, lots of growing room without leg gape.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 am

Id recommend totsbots bamboozles stretch. They pop out so may be a but big at first depends on how big your baby is, but will last well. Id get some more boosters as they are so useful from birth to pt!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 am

i would recommend ll wraps, i didn't really like the tb ones as there were always gaps at the legs.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 am

I found muslins were really good for boosting my newborn stash. I'd get a couple more wraps if I were you, I found motherease rikkis were the best fit, I also really liked Gen-Y universal.

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

I would recommend ANYONE have a dozen terry squares and two dozen muslins in their starting stash.

There's a lot to be said for terry squares: cheap, easy to wash, quick to dry and can be made to fit anyone. Yes a bit bulky on a newborn, and you have to learn to fold them, and not very exciting to look at, but folding's not hard, and they'll have a wrap over the top. And even if you don't use them as nappies they're useful on changing mats, or just to wipe stuff up.

And I like Nature Babies wraps, although I wonder if it's end of season or something, since everyone seems to be running out of various prints / colours.

Oh, and do think about getting some easy peasy qucik dry bimbles. We really like them :thumbsup:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

@liz_mossum

Looks a fab starting stash!

You might want a wet bag if you want to use cloth full time and when out & about

Also have you thought of washable wipes? And a small wet bag to carry them in when out& about

My avatar
Liz_Mossum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Liz_Mossum » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Ooh lovely, lots of ideas. Thanks everyone:

Will go on the hunt for Green Panda as they look fab, thanks for the recommendation.
Will also get a Blueberry Coverall then.
Ems - have 1 stretchie in size 1, but think I might try to get a few more, as they feel lovely.
Little1 - had heard TB wraps were not great. This one came in the special offer sample pack that was about £24 so at least didn't cost much.
Have heard great things about ME Rikki wraps so have high hopes for them.
Will look at Gen-Y as well.
Was planning on getting some of the John Lewis Muslins as they get good reviews and are massive.
Where is the best place for Terry squares and do you add boosters to them?
Not too bothered about looks really. Wondering why some fitteds have lovely patterns and colours in a wrap will be going over them?
Will look at Bimbles as well.

Not sure why I'm finding this quite addictive - strange thing to be obsessed with! Wish he was going to be here sooner than June so I can try them all out. Loving finding bargains on here and Ebay.
Thanks again everyone xxx

My avatar
Liz_Mossum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Liz_Mossum » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Ooh, yes washable wipes, was going to get some. Was thinking either cheeky wipes or making my own system as have some good tupperware and can buy clothes and make my own solution. Seems more convenient to just buy the mini kit from them.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat