hf1

BTP what's the deal ?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

BTP what's the deal ?

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:05 am

I keep seeing birth to potty nappies on the pre loved pages , never tried one personally so just wondered what they were like ??

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: BTP what's the deal ?

Postby Caroline » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 am

I could never get a good fit with any BTP or one sizes with the exception of BG's. India's bottom was never wide enough and we had severe leg gape. However, there will be loads more on the market since then. They do work out loads cheaper if you can get the fit right.

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 am

I loved our pop-ins (bamboo), don't know what they would be like on a newborn as we picked them up when Boo was about a year old. Before that we used tots boot bamboozles btw, it was bulky when she was newborn, but did the job, a good workhorse nappy.

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:42 am

We use bypass bg v3's and b4's and really like them but tbh first six months I use little lambs as they contain bf poop really well :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

I think its like everything they either work for your LO or not! The only BTP the twins had were easyfits, but they had them when they were much bigger. I've had Lola in BTP's since she was about 2 months old. But I'm not sure I would use them in the true sense, but I think they are good value for a long term nappy.

but also they don't work financially if you like to keep buying new different types. My idea was I was only going to have BTP's for Lola, and then I keep seeing new designs and my heart takes over my head!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm

I've only ever used WNOS or Blueberry OS and only like them from the medium setting upwards. Far too bulky and could never get a good fit on any of my big boys.

I think one or 2 are good to have, especially when your baby is inbetween nappy sizes as that can be a real PITA!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

I use rosie boos and itti bitti tuttos btp's and they work well for me. I like having a real mixture in my nappy stash. If you had more than one child in nappies i can see how they'd be even more useful...x

My avatar
Lizw
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Lizw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 pm

We mostly use tots bots v2s and v3s in birth to potty and they have worked well for us. I like the idea we could use them if we had another baby whilst Dan was still in cloth. Not likely to happen at the moment however. They didn't fit Dan well until he was about 3 months however so would probably get some smalls next time to tide us over until then :)

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:16 am

Bumgenius are our top choice they are foolproof so rob likes them lol and creches / nurseries too

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat