hf1

Will these be enough?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Will these be enough?

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Trying to make a list of nappies I wanna get for my unborn.
With Isis I had loads of nappies and the first 2 months i think I used dispos.
This time I wanna use cloth from the start.
I have no nappies left as we thought we wouldn't want another :giggle:
But well this is my list so far; what do you think will this be ok or do I need more?

PopnGro super softees 5 nappies and 1 cover size 1
Lollipop Bamboo 5 nappies and 1 cover size 1
Totbots Stretchies 6 nappies and 1 cover size 1
Totbots Teenyfit 6 nappies

Another question, when do i need a bigger size?

You would aspect me to know after 2 kids in cloth but well I can't remember :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Will these be enough?

Postby littlesez » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 am

Am assuming pop and grow are one size ? If so they might be too big on a newborn and the teeny fits might be outgrown quickly. So that in mind I would say a few more. Terries are fab for newborns and can for any size :) also you need more wraps I would say 6 would be my absolute minimum

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:55 am

How big were the girls when they were born? that might give you an indication of how long the newborn size might last. or not last as it was with Lola :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 am

The PopnGrows are size 1 ;)
Birthweighth of the girls? Well Emi was 6 weeks early so she was very tiny. Isis was 3500 grams or something so not heavy.

Teenyfits; if they are that tiny maybe I shouldn't buy those but something cheaper?
I did noticed they newborn bundle at Fillyourpants for 160 pounds would that be a good idea?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:04 am

My plan would be buy preloveds newborn nappies :) then nothing has been lost if they don't fit you can just sell them on

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 pm

I bought most of our newborn nappies preloved as they don't last for very long , Tom never fitted in them and they only lasted Jake for about 4 weeks :wink:

I found nature babies diddy diaper were my favourite and they are nipper fastening so fit really well even with super scrawny legs :giggle: really cheap too :) I think I only paid about £4.00-5.00 each for them new
Xxx

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm

My newborn stash included a few Bumgenius XS AIOs which were very cute but mostly we've been using cotton prefolds (cheap and fast drying), nappy nippa-ed together with XS Motherease Rikki wraps over the top. The best for containment so far has been Motherease Sandys XS with the XS Rikki wraps or XS Onelife wraps (on sale at the moment as they are being discontinued).

I've seen a few people on here talking about bamboo terries for newborns which sound good value and excellent for containment too!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Bambooterries....just the squares you fold like a prefold or is it the old fashion way iyswim?

Preloved turns out pricey because overhere nappies, even preloved ones, are much more expensive. And if I buy from someone from the UK I pay a lot of postage.
So I think, or might find a very good preloved offer, I'll stick with new ones bought in the UK.

My avatar
bealos
Clothie
Clothie

Postby bealos » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Bamboo terries folded in 'poo catcher' mode or jo fold.
http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/demovideosterrysquareandprefolds.html

These are cute, with yellow or pink edging: http://www.naturebabies.co.uk/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=1530297

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat