Damned lies

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Damned lies

Postby epsilon1 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:30 am

And statistics.

I really didn't realise until after Junior was born what a minority interest cloth nappies had become - I assumed that some people did them and some people didn't, but that it was still a fairly normal choice (and I didn't really consider doing anything else). So I had a quick google to see if I could find any numbers about how many people choose to use them now compared to the past, and/or about how these numbers have changed, and have failed utterly.

Does anyone have any clue?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Damned lies

Postby ems101 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 am

National office of statistics? I cant imagine how/why anyone would collect that info!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat May 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Isnt there a national nappy organisation? I'd ask them. Figures are around somewhere im sure not least because councils provide funding sometimes for them x

My avatar
epsilon1
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby epsilon1 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:03 pm

ems101 wrote:National office of statistics? I cant imagine how/why anyone would collect that info!

The 'why' would be dispo manufacturers wanting to know if they could expand their market - or if it was worth the effort of trying I think. And I guess they'd commission some market research if they wanted to know.

I think it's interesting to compare it to the disposable sanpro market, which is apparently viciously competitive, since there's no way of expanding the potential customer base (unless they start marketing tampons as the ideal thing to soak up nosebleeds or simiar :hohoho: )

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat