hf1

Rockabye Babies closing down sale

My avatar
ClothBumBubba
Clothie
Clothie

Rockabye Babies closing down sale

Postby ClothBumBubba » Sat May 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Rockabye babies has a closing down sale, which on the face of it looks great.
Has anyone ordered from them?
I ordered on the 9th May and have yet to receive my order. I've tried calling and emailing without response, but the online status has been changed from 'pending' to 'dispatched' and yet I still should have received them by now.
I don't have a good feeling about this order but will give them the benefit of the doubt until Monday, after which I will start claiming.
Does anyone have any experience or has ordered from their recent sale? Thanks.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Rockabye Babies closing down sale

Postby Dora » Sat May 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Havent ordered from them but you have 45 days with paypal to claim (if thats how you paid). If theyre closing down and the prices are good they could be very busy i guess. Its early days for your order but they dont have a fantastic customer service record so keep an eye ;-) Hope you get your fluff soon :) x

My avatar
ClothBumBubba
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ClothBumBubba » Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Unfortunately, they don't have paypal... another factor which (with hindsight) makes me suspicious.
However, there is still a way to claim via their payment site, which is why I'd rather start the process sooner rather than later...
I hope it turns up on Monday, otherwise I really don't think it has been sent.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 pm

When did the status change? Second class post says within 5 days I think. Glad there may be a way through their payment site-otherwise your bank may also be able help esp if via credit card. Not all companies use paypal...x

My avatar
ClothBumBubba
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ClothBumBubba » Wed May 22, 2013 7:50 am

Do not order from this company (if anyone was considering it). They haven't sent the items, are not responding to emails or phone calls and I now realise that the payment was made with 'nochex' which offers protection to the buyer in all cases except items not received. So I think it's unlikely I will ever see the money or the items. No wonder they had no PayPal.

My avatar
Liz_Mossum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Liz_Mossum » Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 am

Nothing to stop people reporting this company to trading standards and/or starting small claims proceedings. Appreciate most probably won't want to bother, but hate to see companies basically stealing.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Liz_Mossum wrote:Nothing to stop people reporting this company to trading standards and/or starting small claims proceedings. Appreciate most probably won't want to bother, but hate to see companies basically stealing.

Quite. I think speaking to your bank might be a good idea. Hope you havent lost too much :hug: x

My avatar
ClothBumBubba
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ClothBumBubba » Sat May 25, 2013 8:54 am

Finally got my money back. I'd rather have had the nappies and baby products, but hey ho.
I definitely wouldn't recommend!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sat May 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank goodness :hug: i think you've been lucky. Online reviews for them have been terrible. I'd always assume that cloth related people and companies would be lovely :blushing: silly i know...:giggle: x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat