hf1

Sticky hidden pul

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sticky hidden pul

Postby Slebro » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Can someone please help me figure out what is happened / have I done to our tuttos? The outer minky is sticking to the pul between it and the lining. It's making it really tricky to get the inserts to lie properly and I am starting to think I'll rip the pul when I'm trying to pull it all apart...

These are all nappies that hadn't been used for ages after DS1 grew out of them and I didn't freshen them up for DS2 :lookround: :oops: . Do you think maybe the outers actually need a strip wash?! Maybe that and tumbling the outers might help? The washing instructions do say they can be tumbled :-?

Any ideas? :widesmile:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Sticky hidden pul

Postby sim » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm

I've not used them but a strip wash and a tumble to reseal the PUL sounds like a good idea!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:34 am

That sounds a bit weird, I wonder if it is kind of degrading inside? Did you try the wash and tumble, did it help at all?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:58 am

That does sound unusual for ittis.
The PUL is laminated onto the back of the minki normally, then the inner sewn in.
You shouldn't be able to tell that there is any kind of "waterproof" layer at all.

Are they crinkly when you wriggle the outer about. This happened with a small batch of ittis - if this is the case then contact Itti directly about it.

I used to work for them.
How old are the nappies? Did you buy them from new?

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 pm

That's exactly it @docmaggoo they're crinkly when the minky outer is moved,but I can also feel the pul sticking to itself inside. Ive had them for at least 12/18months, some for longer. They were all (bar one) new and bought in dribs and drabs. I'm not sure if the 2nd hand one has the same problem but will check once ds2 has finished his feed! The 2 snap in ones we have are fine but haven't been used as much despite being older, as they are s and m. I'll be doing a nappy wash later today so will just strip wash/tumble everything in the bucket and add the other outers too. Fingers crossed it works but I will contact itti if it doesn't - is it best to use their fb wall/message?

Thanks for the advice I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat