hf1

Babies wont lie for nappy change!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Babies wont lie for nappy change!

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:39 am

You get very quick the more you practice. We use toys or games like 'this little pigy' to distract

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:46 am

The only thing that works for us, is me singing songs, my dd is a real wriggle pants!

My avatar
ljpops
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ljpops » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 am

Wow, there are some great ideas here, some really creative! Its's good to think that it might just be a quick phase anyway. I will make sure I have some distractions to hand and was it until the weekend when my husband is home and the babies are in a good mood before messing around getting the fit right. Once I've got that then I guess it should be at least no worse than getting a disposable on.

If all else fails I might try and find one of those changing mats with harness, but it looks like nobody has stock at the moment.

Thanks again, and GilbertandMartha your hat sounds genius!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 am

Distraction & pin down with leg move!

That's what's worked for us.

James was a right wriggler - Eleanor is much more agreeable and lies down beautifully!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Aubrey is a nightmare, especially if he is tired, he will twist himself all the way over and if he is poorly I literally end up with him dangling by his legs while I try to change him. I normally change him standing up now, much less stressful.

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat