Boring nappies.

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Boring nappies.

Postby Mummyof4 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:23 am

I have come to the conclusion that my cloth nappies are boring. :(

Please don't mis understand.... I love cloth, super soft, squishy bums and letting DS wander about with nought but a nappy on... :giggle:

But all of mine are plain white or cream (well, bar one wee notions one that is just scrummy) or baby blue. So I thought to spice things up a bit, I would get some dyes and dip dye some of my nappies some fun colours. I bought sunflower yellow and poppy red. I shall use this diabolical combo to dip the top one colour, and the bottom the other.

If all goes well, they should be orange in the middle......

so my real question is: will my bamboo and mf boosters also take dye? And should I dip them too, or tie dye them? :shock: too many choices...

TIA ladies!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Boring nappies.

Postby Louise » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:23 pm

The bamboo will dye well but not the mf unfortunately. Manmade fabrics don't take dye too well.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:12 am

Sounds like a great way to perk up your stash :) I agree with Lou the MF won't dye well (may give you a pale yellow or something). We need pics as you do it or at least when you are done @Mummyof4 - it is something I've never done but always wanted to!

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

They've turned out fairly well, but because I did the red first, then there is not such a nice orange band in the middle as I would want. :(

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Mummyof4 wrote:They've turned out fairly well, but because I did the red first, then there is not such a nice orange band in the middle as I would want. :(

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how!!

At the top of the page you should see a option - "quick image upload" click on browse, choose your photo from your phone/computer then click upload. If you want to upload a few photos go to "My Tree" "My Gallery" and upload the photos there. Then add the images from your home album to your post.

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Image Image

Hopefully These have worked....

I went a bit ott with the Red, and the yellow has gone a bit orange as a result, but not too bad for a first try!!
Next time, I shall definitely do the yellow first, but might do blue instead of red...

So happy with my 'new' fluff!!

:yahoo:

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mummyof4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:26 pm

Oh, and the white one next to it is to give a 'before' shot of the nappy.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:34 pm

That's great! It can really make older nappies seem more exciting.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 pm

That looks great. I had the same dilemma 5 years ago lol. I dyed my bamboozles and, with the exception of the first few months, have regretted it since. I just hanker after a pretty, beautifully clean looking stash (along with a few pretties that were meant to be pretty LOL, rather than my 'meh' attempt)

Yours look much nicer though, I love the dip dyed look.....I've contemplated overdyeing all of mine in black recently :lookround: , as I don't like the mix of colours I have now.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat