hf1

Bucket vs pail

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Bucket vs pail

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:28 pm

I remember the bucket went smelly very soon so this time I think I'm gonna get 2 pails, a smart pail and a blueberry pail as I can wash them with the nappies.

What are you thinking about what works best?

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bucket vs pail

Postby Dora » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 pm

I use a monkeyfoot bag and a rumparooz bag as they use zips or elastic. Physically having to open and close the bucket (had a fit over lid was too annoying) Also the capacity of the bags esp the rumaparooz one is far far greater than any rigid bucket could allow x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I've just got a kitchen bin with a hinged lid and pull out bit. Its so easy. No smell and then i just carry to inner bin bit to the machine, and thriw the nappies in. easy peasy. and its got the foot pedal opener thing so no trying to get a lid off with poopy hands :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:21 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I've just got a kitchen bin with a hinged lid and pull out bit. Its so easy. No smell and then i just carry to inner bin bit to the machine, and thriw the nappies in. easy peasy. and its got the foot pedal opener thing so no trying to get a lid off with poopy hands :giggle:

Lol I did use that with Isis :giggle: but I found the plastic inner bin went soooo smelly.

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:12 pm

MissFrodo wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:I've just got a kitchen bin with a hinged lid and pull out bit. Its so easy. No smell and then i just carry to inner bin bit to the machine, and thriw the nappies in. easy peasy. and its got the foot pedal opener thing so no trying to get a lid off with poopy hands :giggle:

Lol I did use that with Isis :giggle: but I found the plastic inner bin went soooo smelly.

I did too!! It was the first thing I ever tried :giggle: that's what I like about the cloth based nappy bags-you can put them in the machine...phew!

My avatar
WLss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WLss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 am

i am using a bucket for about 3 months now and there is no smell so far.

sticked two panty liners to the inside of the lid, and occasionally drip tea tree oil onto the liner, and it seems to work wonders! :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:18 am

WLss wrote:i am using a bucket for about 3 months now and there is no smell so far.

sticked two panty liners to the inside of the lid, and occasionally drip tea tree oil onto the liner, and it seems to work wonders! :giggle:

I love that trick and used to do that too! You are up late @WLss !

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:13 am

I found a bag worked best when the girls were babies. I had a bucket when I started with Rebekah but got a large monkey foot wet bag with Grace & it was much better as I could just throw it in the wash with the nappies. I'll use the same this time too.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 am

I'm very confused, in normal English a pail and a bucket are the same thing, is this different in nappy speak?
In any case, I use wetbags for Eamonn's nappies, I find them way better than the bucket I used for Rhys.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat