hf1

Nappies turning black!

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Nappies turning black!

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Help my bamboo nappies are turning black! why? dd2 has wicked poop but seriously I never had this problem with dd1's nappies, it looks like they're going mouldy/black staining, wash routine is every other day (so they're not sitting around for ages) cold rinse, 40 deg normal cycle with 30ml powder, then another rinse at the end, hang out to dry on airer for 12-24hrs and 30min low dry tumble to finish them off. It's just my bamboo ones, BBH and BB bamboo inserts, which are her night nappies, don't know if that's the difference that they are worn for 12hrs+ and soaked through with strong wee? in the day I use organic cotton or bamboo/cotton prefolds and don't have a problem with staining on those, but her night nappies are looking horrible! in the summer they were line dried outside and the sunlight would bleach any stains. What do I do? how do you know if you've got the stinkies and need to strip wash as opposed to normal night nappy stink of 12hrs+ of wees?

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Nappies turning black!

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Meant to say DD2 is almost 6mths old and is weaning, it's definately her poop that's staining them, I do use fleece liners but they still stain because it just goes through.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Have you been using calpol? I remember back in the day when the toots were little and we were in the UK that calpol or some other pain killer was the number one cause of black nappies!

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:02 pm

I was going to suggest calpol staining too.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:34 pm

I think I had some that I thought did that with Sudo cream.

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:41 pm

we do use calpol but infrequently, like once or twice a day now and then, what can I do to salvage the nappies? is there anything that can get rid of the stains?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:46 pm

I think if you just keep washing them it comes out eventually

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict