hf1

Do I go for pockets or gpants? I need advice please.

My avatar
luckydog_jd
Clothie
Clothie

Do I go for pockets or gpants? I need advice please.

Postby luckydog_jd » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 am

I'm in need of some nappy wisdom. I use a combination of fitted and Aio/sio's but the itti's I had for our daughter aren't working our son.

I need something to replace our itti's. I need them to be absorbent, quick drying and trim. He is 5 months a fairly heavy wetter and chunky around the waist and thighs.

I'm thinking pockets or g pants, but don't really have any experience of them. Can anyone with a heavy wetting chunky boy help me out with some advice.

I'm getting overwhelmed by choice of pockets.They're are so many options, is there really much difference between the cheaper brands and expensive brands or is it down to the quality of what you stuff it with?

Do pockets end up being very bulky if you are stuffing them for a heavy wetter?

We have a old gpant nappy from when they were geenee's and my husband really likes it for ease of use and trim fit, but are they any good for containment? They just seem a bit flimsy for our sons explosive poo's and huge wee's.

Any tips or recommendations would be a great help.

Thanks x

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Do I go for pockets or gpants? I need advice please.

Postby Dora » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:55 am

Not just the quality of stuffing-there's the aspect of getting the right fit. From what you say ,if itti's aren't working for you, then nor will slim g nappies although there's a LOT to be said for oh friendly options.

Stuffing a pocket for a heavy wetter may or may not get bulky depending on what you use. Microfibre is bulky, bamboo and hemp less so. You'll have to experiment. You can always reuse the bamboo gubbins from your itti's as starting point and work from there x

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

Side-snap nappies are great for chunky thighs. If you get pockets you can get bamboo or hemp insets to stuff them with, its more absorbent than cotton or microfibre. I use P'tits dessous bamboo inserts, and if you need an extra boost try little lamb bamboo boosters. Either that or you could try fitted nappies with a wrap or wool cover, they are pretty bomb proof!
Weenotions are great for pockets and their AI2s are pretty thirsty too!

My avatar
WLss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WLss » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:26 am

luckydog_jd wrote:I'm in need of some nappy wisdom. I use a combination of fitted and Aio/sio's but the itti's I had for our daughter aren't working our son.

I need something to replace our itti's. I need them to be absorbent, quick drying and trim. He is 5 months a fairly heavy wetter and chunky around the waist and thighs.

I'm thinking pockets or g pants, but don't really have any experience of them. Can anyone with a heavy wetting chunky boy help me out with some advice.

I'm getting overwhelmed by choice of pockets.They're are so many options, is there really much difference between the cheaper brands and expensive brands or is it down to the quality of what you stuff it with?

Do pockets end up being very bulky if you are stuffing them for a heavy wetter?

We have a old gpant nappy from when they were geenee's and my husband really likes it for ease of use and trim fit, but are they any good for containment? They just seem a bit flimsy for our sons explosive poo's and huge wee's.

Any tips or recommendations would be a great help.

Thanks x

My son is similar build. So far I found the best absorbent yet trim nappies are:

Charlie Banana (depend on how much you put in the pocket, I use little lamb bamboo boosters)
baby kicks basic pocket, not the premium pocket (super trim, super easy to use)
bottom bumper (again super trim, easy and absorbent, but takes a bit long to try due to the hemp part)
I also found apple cheeks nice and easy, but it is sized.

I found the latter three better fit than CB, due to my son's chunky legs.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:30 am

Not tried yet as boy isn't born yet but I've bought a Rumparooz one and I'm very impressed. Double guessets and good pocket with doucle inserts but plenty of room to stuff with whatever you fancy. Tried them on my almost 4 year old during the night and worked out very well!

My avatar
luckydog_jd
Clothie
Clothie

Postby luckydog_jd » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice. I was already looking at the babykicks so going to give them try. We have found he fits side snaps better with fitted nappies so guess it makes sense it would be the same for pockets. We have several hemp and bamboo boosters that we use with our ME sandies so we can add extra boosting if needed. We use Rumperooz wraps with our fitted nappies and they have been great, but hadn't thought about their pockets. I've just had a look and love the prints, but I think I might have to hold off until after Christmas as they're definitely the upper end of what I want to pay.

My avatar
WLss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WLss » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am

luckydog_jd wrote:Thanks everyone for the advice. I was already looking at the babykicks so going to give them try. We have found he fits side snaps better with fitted nappies so guess it makes sense it would be the same for pockets. We have several hemp and bamboo boosters that we use with our ME sandies so we can add extra boosting if needed. We use Rumperooz wraps with our fitted nappies and they have been great, but hadn't thought about their pockets. I've just had a look and love the prints, but I think I might have to hold off until after Christmas as they're definitely the upper end of what I want to pay.

I think you might find Rumperooz a bit wide between the legs. However, it is really good fit for my big-legged son.

My avatar
WLss
Clothie
Clothie

Postby WLss » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

BTW i forgot to say that I also have g-nappies, but they are now sitting in the back of the wardrobe. On one hand, they are thin and trim, however the problem I have is that they are not daddy or nursery friendly, because they are not very intuitive to use--babykicks,which only has two poppers are far better in this perspective, plus the basic pockets are cheap! I am hoping that when summer comes, I may find G nappies useful as they are thin.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat