hf1

What would you do? I bought a BTP Bumble and it was enormous

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What would you do? I bought a BTP Bumble and it was enormous

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm

I bought a BTP Bumble and it was ENORMOUS on DD, so I sent it back and was recommended to try a Bimble as they are cut differently, so I get the Bimble (size2) and yes the cut is better but I didn't realise the booster was attached not snap in, as I don't want a terry booster, I want to be able to stuff for nighttime with bamboo and hemp. If I stuff with the flap out booster and my bamboo inserts it's HUGE! so here's the dilemma do I sell it on classifieds? or do I unpick/cut off the terry booster and re stitch the edge? Sending it back for a refund isn't an option because it's too expensive to keep returning things that don't work it's easier to just sell them on, and I have pre washed it now. So what would you do? cut off the booster or sell it?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What would you do?

Postby flutterby » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 pm

I would put an easy peasy hemp insert under the terry booster, I can't imagine that would be enourmously bulky! Failing that I would unpick it, as you wouldn't get much if you sold it!

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Have you tried it as is for nights? If that doesn't work for you, then I'd also go the easy peasy hemp booster before unpicking it.

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:41 pm

There's no way it would last the night :lol: she currently has around 12 layers of bamboo and or hemp in her night nappy, so I know terry alone would not cut it, even with the hemp booster. In the daytime her pockets are stuffed with 2 maybe 3 layers of m/f and 6 layers of hemp or bamboo and that lasts 2hrs max :shock:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:59 pm

If you have bamboo in your day nappy, then I would ditch the microfibre. You'd probably be better off with bamboo on top then hemp underneath. If you need more layers then another bit of hemp would work better than microfibre. The extra microfibre could make a pocket bulky, which could affect the fit.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:44 pm

I would 2nd the easy peasy hemp inserts in anything!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:19 pm

i use my bumble as a night nappy with extra stuffing. if you just dont want that booster (and i dont really use cotton boosters much if i can help it, prefer bamboo/hemp etc) then i would take it off and re-stitch it. stitch the booster edge too then you have a spare emergency one!! xx

My avatar
Miranda
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Miranda » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:14 pm

I would use the nappy as it is, but add your boosters between the nappy and the wrap. That way it'll be neater fitting and probably not as bulky.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat