hf1

New to cloth where to start

My avatar
mrssnooks
Clothie
Clothie

New to cloth where to start

Postby mrssnooks » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Hii am pregnant with my second baby and want to use cloth nappies this time round.
I did try with my little girl but she had very sensitive skin and we didnt get on with the cloth very well.
this time I am planning on using them from birth so I need all the info I can get from best fabric, waterproof layers, sizing and washing products ect I need to know everything.
thanks in advance roxanne

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: New to cloth where to start

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope that things are going well for you :)

What did you try with your first baby and did you keep any?

I'd suggest that it would be a good idea to get a few different types, pre loved if possible, to see what suits your baby when they arrive, rather than buying a lot of something that might not work for you.

I have always loved fitted nappies and PUL wraps on little ones, as they are generally bombproof. We used bimbles and tots bots for the first 6 months or so.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 am

The choice is so overwhelming so keep asking questions. I would say get a few different types but i always recommend little lambs because they are fab value for money. I also liked terry squares and fancy fitteds too. Weenotions are a well loved brand also. I like little lamb wraps or fleece or wool wraps.

Cloth can be great for sensitive skin, I like fleece liners to keep the bum dry, plenty of nappy free time does wonders and a good quality nappy balm

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 pm

I find it can be useful first to make a list of everything you need from a nappy. Do have a tumble dryer or do you need something thats fast drying. Will your baby be going to a childminder or nursery and require something easy for non cloth users to work with. Is the environment an important issue to you that would effect your choices. Are you on a tight budget? Once you have worked out these kind of things out it can narrow down your options a lot then its more a case of seeing which brand suits and fits your LO the best.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:36 pm

What they said ^
Try and buy a variety and see what suits you and bubs.
Ask lots of questions, there's always someone around to help :thumbsup:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat