hf1

Holiday nappies?

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Holiday nappies?

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:49 am

Were going on holiday abroad with no washing machine in hotel and I'm desperate to take cloth nappies. I can't stand the chemical smell of disposables or the effects on love you lots skin. She will be ebf while there as only 5 months when we go.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Holiday nappies?

Postby clothmama » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 am

Where are you going? Will it be hot? Will you have a verandah / terrace?

I went away for a short break when Louis was 4 months and we managed with Fuzzi bunz in the day and normal night nappies and handwashing. I did rewash the night ones but for simple boosters for in a Fuzzi Bunz / any pocket nappy it was quite doable. We were in France in the summer so drying was no issue as we had a rack outside the mobile home. Even if you only have a shower rail or something you could still get thin things dry I would say :)

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 pm

We're going Majorca will be hot we mainly use prefolds and have just started with pocket nappies.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41 pm

I'd email the hotel and ask them if they do service washes or if they know where a launderette is. You could hand wash wet nappies in the bath

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:23 pm

We are only going for a week I'm tempted to hand wash in the bath then dry them. Wet ones I can guess will be fine poo ones I can hand wash then dry to put in case to wash properly once home.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:09 pm

I've done cloth and disposables while away. But only with a machine available. I wouldn't want to spend my holiday time elbow deep in a tub trying to wash them. And as much as I hate disposables, the thought of coming back to my lovely cloth nappies keeps me happy.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat