hf1

Tots Bots why have you changed?!?!

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Tots Bots why have you changed?!?!

Postby InkMinx » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:05 pm

I have been receiving lots of lovely fluffy post this week part of which is all my bamboozles that I ordered. however they have changed the design since I used their fluffles for my boys. They used to have a fleece lining, which the snap in booster tucked behind, this was very useful as it kept the 'tongue' in place and also you could just shake off the solids into the loo before putting the nappy in the wash bag. These bamboozles don't have any fleece lining, so for this elf you who use or have used these nappies I have a couple of questions. firstly does poo stick to the bamboo fabric badly? I really don't want to use separate liners as I found that a pain before as they always end up a crumpled mess between babies bum cheeks! and just an extra hassle at changing times. Also how are you meant to shake them off into the loo without the pop in booster flapping around everywhere? Im wondering if I might just go out and buy some fleece and stitch my own liner in them all!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Tots Bots why have you changed?!?!

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:23 am

@InkMinx hi :wave: I used the Bamboozles from when they first came out when Louis was a baby and they always had just the bamboo flap with no fleece liner, as do the normal cotton tots as well, certainly back then it was only the Fluffles that had the fleece lining. HTHs :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 am

Oh and fleece liner wise, I made my own, I cut them really big so they pretty much cover the whole nappy and never had trouble with it bunching up or anything like that and I would just flick the poo off the liner as it wasn't on the nappy. I imagine it would be easy enough to sew liners on though - let us know if you try it :D

My avatar
rmingham
Clothie
Clothie

Postby rmingham » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 pm

I can confirm this too. I am just sorting my tots bots nappies to sell. The fluffies had a sort of pocket for the liner, but the bamboozles never did. Mine are from 2008. I can't remember having poo sticking problems.
Please check my advert if you need any more nappies!

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Did you use liners with yours?

Im wondering if perhaps they didn't bother fleece lining the bamboo as poo doesn't stick to it? as the fluffles are very fluffy they had to line them?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 pm

InkMinx wrote:Did you use liners with yours?

Im wondering if perhaps they didn't bother fleece lining the bamboo as poo doesn't stick to it? as the fluffles are very fluffy they had to line them?

The reason that fluffles were lined is probably because the fabric they are made of (microfibre) shouldn't really be closest to the skin as it can cause rashes and dry skin. I've never used bamboozles but always use homemade fleece liners with all my bamboo nappies for 2 reasons, 1) to keep babies bum dry and 2) to help with poo removal.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat