hf1

Can anybody help me sort through my nappies to sell please?

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Can anybody help me sort through my nappies to sell please?

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Mon May 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Hi. I am new here but was directed to this forum from a general parenting forum And I have been told you lovely ladies maybe willing to help me.

Basically a few years ago I was rather obsessed with cloth nappies and built up a Rediculously huge stash.

My children are now all toilet trained and have been for 3 years now. I sold a lot at the time but then got caught Up with moving house, getting divorced and other hectic life changes.

Anyway, the rest of them got put in storage boxes and forgotten about on top of my wardrobes.

I have come to the point I need the space and money and seriously need to shift them.

I have got them all down and am sorting into types etc at the moment. But my problem is I have no clue how much to charge for things as I'm totally out of the loop now. I have some basic cheapie ones but also some that I had made and didn't even use and cost a fortune at the time. I have brand new woollen bits and everything!

Would anybody be willing to help me price things up? I want to price to sell as I don't want them hanging around too long, but do need the money as well so need to find a balance.

I am going to have a look around on the boards at what's selling at the moment but thought I'd ask here in hope somebody is lovely enough to spend some time helping me!!

I have some bits that I can probably send for free if postage is covered so maybe able to repay people for their time.

Thanks in advance!! :-)

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Can anybody help me sort through my nappies to sell please?

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Mon May 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Or is there a way I can add without a price for now and ask for offers? I have started doing photos and just went to upload a couple of UD wraps which are like new but still don't know what to expect for them, but it's asking me for a price - do I have to have an exact price before listing?

Sorry I am clueless!

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 pm

The first 2 I am trying to list are Upsy Daisy wraps. Possibly new although couldn't garantee it 100% that I didn't use. They are as good a new though. PUL inner and minky outter, both gorgeous. One is side snap and one is velcro.

Any ideas? :-? I bought directly from UD, who were my favourite WAHMs and I probably spent a fair bit on them.

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Mon May 12, 2014 1:42 pm

i've been brave and done my first listing and guessed the price. If anybody would be prepared to have a look and tell me if they are priced right or not then I would be very grateful :hug:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Add everything and a price people don't like making offers then see if they sell. If not reduce price xx

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon May 12, 2014 5:37 pm

I'd do as littlesez suggests, put a price but say you'll accept offers :D
Make sure you factor in postage and paypal fees too.
Good luck!

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Mon May 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Thanks. I have made a start adding some of the nicer ones and then when they are all done I will do the rest in bundles really cheap.

I am lost of where to start with the wool! There is lots of it and I have no idea what it's worth. All I know is they cost me an absolute fortune!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 pm

I agree with what everyone has said, if I want stuff to shift I do half the cost of new as my base point. People really do want bargains so be prepared to offer free postage on multiple buys etc.

My avatar
loadsofnappiestosell
Clothie
Clothie

Postby loadsofnappiestosell » Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am

Thanks. I've listed a fair few but no replies yet. Once Iv listed the lot (will probably take all week!) Then I will start reducing the first lot I listed if I have had no luck. Really don't want to put them back on top of the wardrobe as they will just never leave it!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat