hf1

When do I bite the bullet?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: When do I bite the bullet?

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:31 am

Pips refused her night nappy and we only ever had a couple of accidents, hope it went well xx

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Did you go for it @gilbertandmartha ??

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:10 am

I did on what ever night it was, and she had a little accident at some point, but as soon as she woke up she went for a giant wee.

The next night she sort of asked for a diaper so put one on her, and then in the morning there was enough to tel she'd done a little tinkle, the next night dry. Its seems like a hard choice for me to make. I'm not fussed about the sheets, but the toots were literally dry one night and never looked back, so I'm not sure what to do for the best. Whether she can learn to stop that last little occasional wee, or wait?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 am

It is so hard to know isn't it! Josh was dry really quickly at night after day and never looked back where as Louis still sometimes wets now at 8!! My saver was having a draw sheet size waterproof over the made bed with a full waterproof underneath. If he had an accident I'd just pull the top layer and not have to remake the whole bad, he got to the point of taking it off himself and putting it in the laundry. If she was only doing a tiny dribble I'd probably do that with maybe a towel. On the other hand if she is asking for a nappy I wouldn't make a big fuss and let her wear it. Sorry if that sounds conflicting :lookround: , I'm just very much 'go with the flow' with PT as I don't think it is worth getting stressed on either side over it :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 am

clothmama wrote:It is so hard to know isn't it! Josh was dry really quickly at night after day and never looked back where as Louis still sometimes wets now at 8!! My saver was having a draw sheet size waterproof over the made bed with a full waterproof underneath. If he had an accident I'd just pull the top layer and not have to remake the whole bad, he got to the point of taking it off himself and putting it in the laundry. If she was only doing a tiny dribble I'd probably do that with maybe a towel. On the other hand if she is asking for a nappy I wouldn't make a big fuss and let her wear it. Sorry if that sounds conflicting :lookround: , I'm just very much 'go with the flow' with PT as I don't think it is worth getting stressed on either side over it :giggle:

I'm not fussing over her to be honest, tonight she decided to wear undies so that's how she's gone to bed. Lola knows her own mind and god help anyone who crosses her!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat