hf1

Can't decide whether to keep Evie in night cloth

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Can't decide whether to keep Evie in night cloth

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Evie is becoming sooooo sore in cloth that this morning when she was saying 'ouch' when i was gently wiping her 'fairy' with cloth wipes and her sensitve NE wipes solution that i did wonder whether it was cruel to keep popping her in cloth. Plus she seems to sleep better in eco disps, often doesn't wake but does in cloth (could be pure coincidence but i don't think so!!)
I try not to use them but do have a pack as when she is very sore i just have to resort to a couple of nights of the eco disps to stop her becoming worse. I know come early spring next year my plan is to night train her anyway as she will be 3.5 plus i can cope with extra sheets when it's better weather (well we can but hope for the better weather) but of course now in the middle of Winter i can't really have extra bedding washing...so was going to wait abit longer.

WWYD? TIA

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Can't decide whether to keep Evie in night cloth

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:54 pm

Have you tried pockets at night Nic?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 pm

I'd go with either pockets, as Steph suggests, or the eco-disposables. It does seem the 2-parters are causing her problems.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:55 pm

If you have already tried pockets, then maybe something UBER stuffed but very soft like a fluffle?
If not, Eco disps, you cant have her beig sore now. Its only 7 nappies a week, not 7 a day. And they are eco too....

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 pm

hmm, try a week of no nappy and see if she can get the hang of being dry, before resorting to eco disps

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:14 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:hmm, try a week of no nappy and see if she can get the hang of being dry, before resorting to eco disps

I was going to say that too. You never know she may crack it.

I've got a couple of mattress protectors you can borrow if you like

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:19 pm

babyroo wrote:
AnnetteandBen wrote:hmm, try a week of no nappy and see if she can get the hang of being dry, before resorting to eco disps

I was going to say that too. You never know she may crack it.

I've got a couple of mattress protectors you can borrow if you like

I am sure we have a waterproof sheet Ali, what are the mattress protectors like, is it those you told me about once before from baby kind?

I could try her without a nappy at all perhaps, like you say at least try her first. I used to use a slinki minki on her ages ago at night that i can't remember if she was sore from or not but i seem to remember she did get red leg marks from it. Not got it anymore, sold it on when i went to buying NN.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Isabelle gets red leg-marks from her slinki minki but not her lil' stinkies or her standard minki...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:26 pm

Mmmm wonder whether to get a standard minki then!! Think i will sell on one NN (will post FS post in a moment) to fund a minki. Any good deals on them at the minute?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat