hf1

Giving cushie tushie a go on a nearly 4 year old

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Giving cushie tushie a go on a nearly 4 year old

Postby clothsister » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Chloe is a really heavy night wetter and her disposables are getting REALLY tight on her so had a brain wave earlier to try a cushie tushie that I bought for little one. It fits despite Chloe being a very tall child for her age.

I have taken out the booster though so not sure if this is all going to go horribly wrong but it's worth a shot.

Can anyone else help with how to get her to be dry at night? We encourage a wee before bed and most of the time she manages it but she also gets REALLY thirsty just before bed so does have drinks before bed which I don't know how to stop.

Anyway thought I'd post a pic of a slightly bigger cloth bum! :)

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Giving cushie tushie a go on a nearly 4 year old

Postby clothsister » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm

And I managed to rotate my picture. :yahoo: :yahoo: @clothmama :) :)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:35 pm

eeerrrrmmm chloe isnt nearly 4. I remember when you were pregnant and that definatly was only about a year ago...

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Lol tell me about it. She'll be 4 in October!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:35 am

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I so wouldn't have taken the booster out but how did you go @clothsister ? Louis used to say to me if I didnt' have a cloth night nappy clean and put a dispo one 'I don't want the paper one mummy can I have a soft nappy!!??

I wouldn't worry too much about getting her dry at night, Louis was 4 as well, they are ready in their own time. Re the drinks, why don't you make sure she is drinking more through the day so she doesn't have the big drink when it catches up with her in the evening?

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:49 am

She drinks loads during the day as well. Think she's just a thirsty girl. Unfortunately she made me put the paper ones back on as the cushie tushie was just a little too snug. Can anyone remember the name of the larger cloth ones that someone mentioned a while ago? I think I'm going to give one a go as think normal cloth for someone who has generally only known the thinner paper ones probably felt a bit different. I'm sure someone told me about ones that were quite thin. She's down to about one wee a night I think they aren't too full anymore.

Chloe's room is quite hot so I think she drinks more because of this. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 am

clothsister wrote:She drinks loads during the day as well. Think she's just a thirsty girl. Unfortunately she made me put the paper ones back on as the cushie tushie was just a little too snug. Can anyone remember the name of the larger cloth ones that someone mentioned a while ago? I think I'm going to give one a go as think normal cloth for someone who has generally only known the thinner paper ones probably felt a bit different. I'm sure someone told me about ones that were quite thin. She's down to about one wee a night I think they aren't too full anymore.

Chloe's room is quite hot so I think she drinks more because of this. X

Minki Yo Yo's are the ones that a lot of people rate for older kids and are quite thin and act like a pull up and come in funky prints for older kids - I think they were closing down though so not sure if you can still get them. Have a look in classifieds, you may be able to pick some up there.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:13 am

Managed to get a slinki yoyo online for £13 brand new have only ordered one for now but will get another one if it goes well. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:35 am

clothsister wrote:Managed to get a slinki yoyo online for £13 brand new have only ordered one for now but will get another one if it goes well. X

Did that come with any inserts? I would suggest using some hemp with bamboo or microfibre on top.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat