hf1

Prefolds convert!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Prefolds convert!

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I bought 2 bamboo small prefolds (preloved) when DD was about 2 months old and didn't get on with them for anything other than stuffing pockets with. They were too small to fan out the back with any real success (and DD poops for Britain!), seemed too bulky between the legs and were a bit too short for her I think.
Then yesterday there was someone offering some large prefolds on freecycle so I thought I'd give them a go now she's 5 months and I could always offer them back onto freecycle if we didn't get on with them.
Well they're amazing, so simple and completely effective... What took me so long?! I haven't mastered nippa-ing them yet but have found that doing the 'boy' fold and then fanning them out at the back works perfectly for her and the wrap really does hold it in place (never believed that would be the case). :shock:
She is managing to out pee them within about 1.5-2hrs but we've just been at home today so not a problem. I think they are cotton so probably worth investing in some bamboo or hemp ones to last a bit longer.
I know things might change when she starts crawling around but for now I'm totally convinced by them, perfect for round the house and when I get a bit quicker with them I might even venture to pop them in the change bag... If only I'd discovered this earlier I could have saved a fortune :doh: and I get to use my lovely blueberry coveralls all day which normally only get used at night :yahoo:
Although I think I'd miss my pretty, colourful pockets so will stick with both :giggle:
I know I'll be preaching to the converted, but if anyone hasn't tried them yet I'd say 'give it a go!'

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Prefolds convert!

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm

and they dry really quickly :wink:

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh they're just getting better and better :thumbsup:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm

I love my prefolds and terries but he does out pee them so quickly that I only use them occasionally now or in the 30 odd mins before bath. I'm currently converting some of my prefolds into AIO's!!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

That's a fantastic idea!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:12 am

I also only used them as inserts but I think I'll try them a bit more this time round :widesmile:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat