Nappy Bag?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Nappy Bag?

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:24 am

I need to sort out what I'm going to do. I was going to make but I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it (or at least in time!!) so I thought maybe I should just buy one.

What sort do you have? What do you like and not like about yours? How big is it? If you got a new one what would you get (style / shape / size wise)?

Pics always welcome :wink: :widesmile:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappy Bag?

Postby confusinglady » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 am

Do you mean a change bag? Or a wet bag?

I didn t get a dedicated change bag. I just use a normal bag big enough for about two nappies, wipes, wet bag and portable change mat ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:38 am

Sorry I mean a change bag!
confusinglady wrote:I didn t get a dedicated change bag. I just use a normal bag big enough for about two nappies, wipes, wet bag and portable change mat ;)

I thought of this when I was looking at stuff today, there are organisers you can buy and I thought if I just got one of them I could maybe get a cute tote or something as the bag or if J had him it could go in a backpack or whatever! Easy enough to get a nice mat etc (this I really should make!).

I can't even remember what I used to cart around, I guess until food it is just nappies, wipes, spare clothes if out for a long time, burp cloths / bibs and maybe a small toy or am I being unrealistic :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:01 am

I think unless bottle feeding then that's all... Bottles are another ball game all together!!

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 am

I think that sounds about right to me. The only other things in my bag are a change mat (travel roll up one), liners, small wet bag and then a couple of sachets of teething granules and couple sachets of calpol but these are 'just in case' things and take up no room at all.
I've just bought a back pack (still wearing baby on my front). I bought it in sale and it's actually one designed for a laptop but I find it perfect size for carrying all nappy related bits in the main part - I generally take out 5 nappies as not very good at judging how long will be out / how many I'll use. It's more than I need but at least I don't run out and if last one is put on bubs that's my cue to go home :giggle: I put clothes, muslins and bib in laptop section at back and purse, keys, phone, granules and calpol sachets in small front pocket. Toy goes in main bit or front pocket depending on size... Done :)

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 am

Oh and it's made out of waterproof material too so no wet nappies in the rain (that spurred on new bag after nappies got damp when out in April)!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

I had this and loved it. it was just the right size for me. x

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:48 am

I gave upon my proper change bag after two weeks as it kept bursting open-it just had a magnet.
I bought an Osprey Flapjack Courier bag and it's perfect for me. It's designed for commuter cyclists really. I put my change mat in the laptop sleeve, use the main bit for the nappies then it has loads of pockets for all the other bits and bobs I need.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 am

I think its a good idea to think about how long you re likely to be out for and if you re more likely to be driving or walking, buggy or carrier/ wrap etc. obviously there will be a bit of everything.

I, like you, on the 3rd child ( albeit different ages), spent a lot of time nipping back and forth in a car; school, swimming lessons, dance lessons, supermarket etc
I have hardly walked anywhere ( dd2 was at nursery though every morning, so my day was chopped into bits!).

I kept one nappy in the change bag and a couple in a separate bag in the car so that I could refill bag if needed ;)

I ve got a portable change mat that has a few pockets so wipes, hand santiser, spare nippa went in there. Then I can move things from bag to bag and hubby can put in his more manly messenger type bag.

I d definitely recommend a bag you can put on your shoulder or on your back, or cross body etc. you need your hands ;)

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat