First cloth nappy!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

First cloth nappy!

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:36 am

I have just washed and I'm about to pack in the hospital bag Louis' first ever cloth nappy! He wore it home from hospital in May 2006 at 4 days old! It is a nippa Bimble and a Mother Ease XS Rikki wrap - hats off to both still being in perfect nick! I'm taking them in to hospital and it will be the nappy and wrap that this little one comes home in too :love:

I'm blessed that our hospital provides flat terry squares so he'll be in them from birth and I'm not even buying any disposables! I am however going to take in my own Snappi (Nippa) and covers as they just have the nappies with pins (most people just use them until they have done their first wee and poo which we ask them to do, although you do get the odd clothie through who if they know arrive with Nippa and wraps!).

Can you remember your first cloth nappy you put on your baby and how old they were?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Louis' first cloth nappy!

Postby ems101 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:07 am

Jen was 7m when we finally got into cloth. She had bg v3. James was from birth bg xs. Ben also from birth he was in ll bamboo and nb wrap

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:27 am

That is fantastic that you have used cloth with all three @ems101 :yahoo:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 am

So little. Love the fact that it will be the new babies first nappy too :love:

This was my not so little newborn Dylan's first nappy; a weenotions pocket, excurse the cross face!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 am

Awwww bless him! We must get our cord clamps from the same cord clamp shop as your hosptial :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 am

Fin had a Bimble and ME Rikki Wrap. Patrick had Bimble and Rikki Wrap. Both were from birth. As you can tell, I was a fan of Easy Peasy Nappies! Loved my Bumbles!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 am

Ewan had a BG pocket, Lachlan's was a LL bamboo fitted and ME wrap

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm

We didn't put DD into cloth until 7 weeks as I was so shaky about everything as a new Mum I was too scared to try them out. When we started she was in Sandys with Rikki wraps. I put DS in cloth as soon as he got back from the hospital, and I think the first thing he went in was a teeny-tiny BG newborn.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm

I didn't even discover cloth till my second was 8 months! Here he is in a little bloom pocket

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat