hf1

Percy' first cloth / nappy advice for tiny babies

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Percy' first cloth / nappy advice for tiny babies

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Initially when we first got Percy home he seemed too tiny for any cloth I had. Given the military style expressing regime and c-section recovery, I was happy to buy a couple if packs of preemie disposables. However, now feeling very much better, and Percy not growing at any great speed, so I've tried folding muslins into the smallest Jo fold possible, this is the result:-

It still seems a little bulky over his teeny sparrow legs, and I need to cut down some fleece for liners, but I think it's workable?
This wrap us just about ok, but it's the only one I have which is this small; any recommendations anyone? Or do I need to wait for him to grow.
Percy currently dead on 5lb, and seems smaller than his weight suggests (according to MW and HV)

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Percy' first cloth / nappy advice for tiny babies

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I have nothing useful to say, however he is totally gorgeous!!!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:03 pm

Oh poop. I thought I was over the broodyness. Hes just lovely! I hope you know I'm holding you completely responsible if we go for no4!

Sorry useless in the nappy front!

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Sooo cute :love:

My babies were all 8lb'ers so cant really help there but I think it looks fine, a bit high in the rise but doesnt look bulky under his clothes.

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:39 pm

My baby was also an 8lb+ so no helpful advice, but thanks for the adorable baby pics... He's so presious :love:
Last edited by Dancing mum on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:54 pm

No useful info but he is adorable. I would say that the nappy is giving him an excellent m shape for his hips! :)

I've some nappies that I bought that seem tiny but then again my little ladies have both been 8+lb x

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 pm

The nappy looks fine on him. I had an XS motherease airflow that was tiny, what kind of wrap do you have? He is so gorgeous!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:15 am

He is so cute!

Weirdly I couldn't find any muslins here other than huge ones for swaddling (although just remembered I have one I must dig out). I have been using a few different small fitteds, mainly Mother Ease Sandies, there are some on classifieds and they fitting pretty well, not the prettiest but work well and not expensive. I have some small terry's (which I'm not loving, too small really!), I have a few old thin terry's which I guess are probably like your muslins and I'm pretty happy with the fit I can get with the Jo fold, Rémy's legs look pretty much like Percy's sticking out! Small prefolds working well, I fold up the front to get perfect rise for him. I have a couple of AIO / pockets and not loving the containment for the NB poo but the NB Coolababy pocket is pretty good fit wise. Best wrap is Mother Ease XS Rikki, really recommend getting a couple of them, next best for fit is my Nature Babies small and can almost get away with a small Blueberries, certainly will be fine in a week or so. Rémy was down to 5 and a half pounds so not too far off Percy!

Will get up pics of my different combos soon :)

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:38 am

The nappy looks perfect, they all look a bit bulky when the babies are little, even if he was a few pounds heavier they still always look a bit like baby penguins when dressed! I love the feel of a good solid bottom when you're holding the baby upright, it makes them feel a bit more stable and less floppy and vulnerable.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat