hf1

Leaks at night. Is this one off?

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Leaks at night. Is this one off?

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:23 am

Percy has got in the habit of cluster feeding through the evening. We push a bottle of expressed milk last thing (10.30 -11) and put him down for the night. I put him in a much thicker nappy at night, and use a wool soaker, which has been working really well for us. He sleeps about 6h until waking at 5 ish and his nappy is usually damp, rather than wet, as I would expect with wool.
Last night, Paul did all the evening feeds with bottles of expressed milk, and put Percy down last thing. This morning, his sleepsuit and vest were soaking.

I just wondered, is this ' one of those things' or could there be a reason? ( keen to avoid a repeat if possible)
The nappy seemed fine (maybe a little lose, difficult to tell) except that he'd put 2 fleece liners in, not sure why.
The soaker was the right way around (we had this error before!)
He hadn't swaddled him (I always do, he doesn't normally sleep without it), which is with a cellular or wooden blanket, could that help with evaporation?
Maybe he drank more as all from bottle (he's gone to work so can't check how much), but j was fine in wool until about 2 1/2. I can't believe Percy pees more than a toddler!
He hasn't changed his babygrow, but I can't see how this would make any difference...

Sorry to ramble on, but puzzled.
And could do without 5am full clothes and bed change if avoidable...

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Leaks at night. Is this one off?

Postby Kim » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:22 am

Not sure if this any help at all but when I accidentally put two fleece liners in a nappy, it leaked and the nappy itself was dry. The liners seemed to have held all the wee until they couldn't hold anymore and then it ran out.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Leaks at night. Is this one off?

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:35 am

It could be the 2 fleece liners or maybe the wool needs to be lanolised again?

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat