hf1

Help, new to cloth and getting leaks :O

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help, new to cloth and getting leaks :O

Postby LynniferT » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:59 pm

... Or you could buy a couple of the bamboo soakers and mix and match with the minkee... That was my other plan ;)

http://www.cleangreennappy.co.uk/snap-i ... -asbs.html

My DD was a heavy wetter and we had flip organics for her :)

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:17 pm

I use mainly tots bots bamboozle with fleece soaker like pumkin pants or pul blueberry or nature babies wraps. Never ever have leaks. I'm sure there are good pockets and aio out there but was disappointed after the little lambs and heard 2 parters are more reliable so tried and there great so don't want to mess around trying others in case they're no good...

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm

How you find the fleece @Katielou compared with pul? Do you still get the same amount of time out of the nappy?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 pm

Yes I love them I use them most of the time I like the fact of no elastic so hardly any marks on her legs and just look so much comfier! There strange sometimes if I have her sitting on my lap I feel a slight dampness but feel her bum and it feels dry. I get the same change time, like i say sometimes feel a slight dampness but more like if you've been a bit sweaty in clothes than actually wetness, not to change clothes or anything. You'de have to try them to see what I mean. The sizing is a bit small of the pumkin pants I think, I made some of my own. What age is you lo @Kim, Boy of girl?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Also people say you can only use fleece once and they need washing, I haven't found this to be true. I use mine for a day easily, sometimes a bit more. also another good thing is they can go in with any other wash load your doing and are dry in no time at all!

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:00 am

Emmajane18 wrote:Which pop ins did you have ponygirl? We're they bamboo I've read that bamboos really absorbent so maybe the bamboo ones are more absorbent than the minkee.

Yes I had the bamboo

My avatar
Emmajane18
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Emmajane18 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:26 am

Katielou wrote:Also people say you can only use fleece once and they need washing, I haven't found this to be true. I use mine for a day easily, sometimes a bit more. also another good thing is they can go in with any other wash load your doing and are dry in no time at all!

Can you use fleece on a small baby or only once they start moving around more? Also this might be a stupid question but do you just put clothes over them as usual?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 am

Yes you can put fleece on small babys mine is only 5 months nearly she doesn't move at all! Normal clothes are fine like I said sometimes you get a very slight damp feeling in the area from the compression when they don't move but not enough to change clothes or anything. Fleece clothes over top are more effective but not necessary imo.

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:33 am

And not a silly question at all j wondered all the same things!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat