hf1

Best nappies for a newborn? Are my LL bamboos a mistake?

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Best nappies for a newborn? Are my LL bamboos a mistake?

Postby musdih » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:17 am

Ok so I'll stick to the ll bamboos then
I had terry squares for ds2 but the loop rubbed and chafed his skin - they were super soft - it's just we are all of the sensitive type and his skin couldn't handle the friction
Hence I went for bamboo as they're so soft
@_michelle_ I will ask at my next consultant app - I hope you're right

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:27 am

You can use muslin squares for teeny babies , very cheap, quick drying and use just like terries xx

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Wow muslins - I thought they didnt hold newborn BF poop well at all - but i have no experience of course

@_michelle_ Its amazing what you've been through - you must be made of steel to then have recovered within 48 hours - I salute you :thumbsup:
Hope you're twins are doing well and weren't hard work post birth - my twin neices are still terrors at 3.5yrs and their mom is close to a break down bless her

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 pm

I wouldn't say fully recovered but definitely up on my feet and doing things like nappy changing, cooking etc. the main thing I struggled with was pushing the heavy double pushchair which took me around three weeks to be able to take out confidently on my own, oh and driving as I was terrified of having an accident and having the belt pull tight around my stomach. It would have helped if I didn't pretty much live in jeans though as they rubbed where stitches were.

To be honest I never really thought about the birth at the time though as I was probably in shock and more worried about them both being ok. They were 2 yesterday and are lovely but definitely hard work! I find that the busier I keep them with different toddler groups the better their behaviour is and the longer they nap which is always a bonus.

It's definitely worth speaking to your consultant though as hopefully you may be worrying for nothing. I'm in Birmingham and managed to have a spinal anaesthetic for my emergency c section as I was amazingly able to lie still during the contractions (think the threat of a big needle in the wrong place if I didn't helped there) and am relatively slim which helps them feel and see what they are doing. General anaesthetics are usually only used for emergency c sections.

Either way good luck though and I'm sure you will find the ll nappies brill.

All this talk of babies and teeny nappies is making me broody lol

My avatar
musdih
Clothie
Clothie

Postby musdih » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:28 am

Ok thank you all for the reassurance and best luck to you too
I'm going to stick with the Los and can put on a braver face for my op now :)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat