hf1

Falling out of love with cloth :(

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Falling out of love with cloth :(

Postby Katielou » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:20 pm

I was thinking about this as I use Velcro as it really is about as much as their dad can cope with and don't want to change whole stash now! I do use fleece soakers a lot so that will be ok but for the Velcro wraps has anybody tried some knickers over the top to stop Velcro touching skin? Think this could work?

My avatar
PixieFix
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby PixieFix » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 am

I'm reluctant to change my stash too @Katielou, not because I don't love buying nappies though :giggle: I did think about getting some nature babies wraps though, I had a size 1 one and i remember it being lovely but my oh getting really frustrated with the poppers :hohoho: would you recommend the one size or classic @clothmama?

Thankfully the nappies digging in is slowly resolving itself. However I am finding she is now waking up in the morning damp through the pul. She has a ll bamboo with 2 boosters between nappy and wrap. I am making a wool soaker, will this help? Or does she need a more substantial nappy?

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Men eh! I have a nature babies wrap one size that is Velcro, it is very soft, this is my pul of preference for night. I think opinions differ on the wool but from my experience if it's leaking through pul wool isn't going to hold it. Mine can wear a bamboozle with one hemp booster under pul fine no leaks but I only have success with wool when using heavily boosted night nappies such as HLBB, HLBB+ Or WNNN. i think my wool may be better suited to days though it's a bit stretched over the huge night nappies and only one layer. I have a disana on order so hoping that will be more successful..

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:31 am

I have recently started using wool at night and find it really good. We use puddlekins night nappies and weenotions night notions nappies with extra bamboo and hemp boosters. We use this regardless of whether we put her in plu wrap or wool. The plu doesn't leak but the nappy and boosters definitely don't feel as sodden when we use wool.
In term of the poppers, my oh struggled with them at first and preferred Velcro, but eventually I phased out at the Velcro nappies so he had to use poppers :giggle:
I found what he needed was for me to show him which popper setting to use and a quick easy way to count across so he wasn't trying to work it out with wriggling baby underneath him :eek: Whenever she goes up a rise / waist / leg setting I inform him and show again so now he doesn't have a problem at all.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:12 pm

@pixiefix I've only tried the sized ones :)

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat