hf1

Easy fits so impressed

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Easy fits so impressed

Postby Katielou » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:03 am

Got sent some easyfits v2 with a purchase of some bamboozles as a gift. Had ll pockets previously and didn't get on with them so switched to two parters and didn't think about trying other pockets. Didn't want to be buying things that didn't work when has found something that did. Anyway as the easyfits were free I tried them and they have been great, 4 hours brand new from the pack with only 1 extra booster. So got some v4 to try and used one last night again brand new with the snap in booster and a EP hemp and lasted 12 hours! They're easier for me and anyone else to use and also less bulky that the stretchies and wrap. Seriously considering swapping stash...?!? Is this bad idea, is She likely to become much heavier of a wetter? She's 6 months now and mainly on milk with just tastes of solids....

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Easy fits so impressed

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:42 am

I haven't tried them yet (although sounds like I should for my next size up!). Fab that you have found another nappy type that you love. I wouldn't go swapping your whole stash though, I'm a firm believer in having a varied stash as different nappies suit different situations / clothes / periods of chubbiness etc and if you have all one type you have no where to go when they go through a heavy wetting / chubby etc stage. I'd get more to have as part of your stash but wouldn't go getting rid of all your others! Would be great if you can do a review of them in the review section too :widesmile: (and the other nappies you have tried) to help out others looking around at what to try out:
viewforum.php?f=55

My avatar
_michelle_
Clothie
Clothie

Postby _michelle_ » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am

Hi, I agree with clothmama about having a varied stash. I have found over the last 2 years of using cloth nappies on my twins that the nappies that were once my favourites are now not working as well for us. I loved tots bots easyfits at 6-12 months and with a ll bamboo booster could easily get 3 hours out of them however now I find they only last around 2 hours with big toddler wees. I have boys though and easyfits are harder then a lot of nappies to add absorbency at the front where they need it so you may find that they work a lot better for you. I do still use them but only really in the house or I find the Velcro ones are very handy for grandparents for ease of use. The two nappies I have got on with well from 6-25 months are bumgenius elementals (which now just need an extra booster underneath) and bumgenius v4s (now used with both inserts) I also find that the blueberry nappies with bamboo insers that I found early on we're far too bulky are definitely the most absorbent for them now.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 pm

I really liked the easy fits too, but agree with the others that it's good to have variety @Katielou

@clothmama I really should review more of my nappies now we are moving towards the end of our nappy journey.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:31 pm

Following.
Looking for ideas for nappies for skinny legged percy.
I love terry squares and tie ons but paul just can't (or won't) cope, so trying various pockets to AIOs/ai2s to see what works...
Most things I've tried have leaked at the legs :(

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Yes your all right I'm sure, keep a varied stash, just have to but some more haha! Got a little excited about the aio working so well, shame it didn't last for you @_michelle_ I've always been put off the bungenius due to microfibre getting bad press, maybey I should give them a go....
@clothmama will def do some reviews when I get some time.
@cuppachaplz I like Terry's but have same Prob with nappies having to be idiot proof, bit harsh but it's been one of those days haha!

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Katielou » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:29 pm

He coped with bamboozles and a wrap though as just Velcro quite simple, Maybey an idea for you @cuppachaplz.
I have some for sale hehe!!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm just off to bed now, but I found bimbles to be very good as they are specifically designed for little babies.

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Completely the opposite here, don't get on with easyfits at all. My entire stash was easyfits - now I have two that I use when I need to change her just before a bath etc. We get leaks with v4s after less than two hours. :(

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat