hf1

I think we're going to have to give up cloth :(

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

I think we're going to have to give up cloth :(

Postby Bugglyboo » Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Every time Oscar wears cloth, he gets really bad rashes. All the nappies have been stripped regularly so I think he just has crazy acid wee. He also has very acidic poo thanks to on going tummy issues.

I really done want to give up but I can't keep trying and letting him suffer just to please my want for a fluffy bum :cry:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: I think we're going to have to give up cloth :(

Postby ems101 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:01 pm

Sad, but totally the right thing to do. You can always try again down the line xx

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri May 15, 2015 6:01 am

Doesn't have to be permanently, does it clear up in sposies?

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Fri May 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Hugs.
Whatever is best for him is the best though?
Funny isn't it? Totally the opposite here. The couple of days where I had no washing machine were horrendous; sposies caused red burn blisters on Percy's bum within minutes :(

My avatar
NatB
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NatB » Sat May 30, 2015 8:36 am

I have a similar problem. Baby gets a rash after few cloth nappies. Now on disposables til rash clear. What cloth nappies do you use?

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 pm

@littlesez it does clear up in sposies but within a day or two in cloth, he's sore again.

@NatB we have all sorts, Terries, wool, fitteds, wraps, AIO's and pockets. I've been using cloth for 4 years now so have tried most of the tricks of the trade to sort it but I think he's just got super sensitive skin and it doesn't like the dampness. He's also two andresisting changes so changing him more regularly would be traumatic for all involved ;)

We've been in sposies since I wrote the OP and his bottom is so much healthier and Oscar is so much happier. It is sadly the right decision for us but if we have another baby then we'll be back to the cloth.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat