hf1

Lots of leaks

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Lots of leaks

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:32 am

If the inserts are not wet maybe the problem is the diaper :-? It seems like its not getting through the diaper and into the inserts?

My bulletproof combi is fitteds with covers, but that doesn't help you much :hug:

I would love to help you with trying out things in my stash but I live in Denmark :giggle:

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:38 pm

Hmm, not getting through to the insert... Could be although usually the inserts are wet.

I strip washed just before Xmas.

I will look up those hemp inserts, thanks.

My avatar
Bumboleo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Bumboleo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Sorry yes, have various different nappies. The one he weed out of today was a bambino mio, just the microfibre insert that's attached. My LLs have 2 or 3 bamboo inserts in. Charlie Bananas have microfibre and bamboo. Totsbots as they are, terry towelling type stuff. I use flat terries as well which are ace but don't last long. Might start using them more but they are massive!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:54 pm

When DD2 was that age she had a period of outpeeing everything except fitteds with covers. I would take the extra bulk and use the terries but boosted with a bamboo or hemp insert - yes massive but effective :giggle:

The bambino mio with only MF would have lastet nothing here. Have you testet one of the diapers just with 3 bamboo inserts? It still sounds to me that there is not enough boost in your diapers for a heavy wetter.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:55 pm

And did you strip the microfiber inserts as well? And the other inserts for that matter?

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:04 am

Ugh how frustrating for you :hug:
Any kind of pocket, all in one or the like would've leaked for us too at that age and thats with hemp and bamboo inserts. They just weren't suited to my kids :( . I did use them when they were older and more mobile, mainly for nursery but they would never last long and then at around 2 would flood when they held onto the wee for longer and let it all out in one go.
It sounds like a two part system does and would work better?
Prefolds were always our most reliable system as I couldn't afford many pretty fitteds. The wrap does get wet/ dirty so you do need more of those but at least I wasn't having to change and wash clothes. I found them less bulky than terries as its just bulk between the legs rather than all round.
If you put a request out there could be people local to you that would give you some for free, they hold very little resale value.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:04 pm

So frustrating but I agree with some of the others that it is partly going to be the age and it will get better. I love my LL one size, they look great but I get leaks almost everytime and I've tried all sorts of hemp / bamboo combos :(

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:05 am

I've got couple of bamboo terries (think I'll probably need more as DD gets a bit older) and I find them more absorbant than normal cotton ones. I've recently also changed my fold to 'croissant fold' and it's fab! Almost no bulk around the sides so much trimmer with absorbancy concentrated down middle. If I know I need it to last a bit longer I add a small (but thick) bamboo booster between folds and works a treat but still stays trim. Might be worth a try?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:34 am

Bamboo terries are actually quite a good idea to get you through this heavy wetting period as they are reasonably cheap but very absorbent. I think you'll find in a few weeks when he starts eating more and drinking a bit less milk you won't have the same issues (with most of your nappies anyway!).

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat