hf1

Heavy wetting front sleeping 4 week old

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Heavy wetting front sleeping 4 week old

Postby usinukveg » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 am

At the moment we're using a mix of fitteds and nippa'd prefolds (boosted with a flannel folded in three), but they're all leaking through the clothes at the front. The only nappies that last his roughly 3hour feeding cycle are bambeasy size ones that take at least two days to dry and one very fluffy cotton tots bots with attached booster. I unpicked the Velcro so it would fit him with a nappy nipper. The problem is, I can't really boost these as the wraps (thirsties old style and duo) barely fit over top as it stands. He was only 7 pounds at birth so it's not like we can move up to a size two wrap at 4 weeks. Help?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Heavy wetting front sleeping 4 week old

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:22 am

Congratulations on the new baby :yahoo: :bw: ! What have you called him?

Have you tried wool? Can you add some hemp boosters which are thin but really absorbent. How about some MotherEase airflow wraps they are a bit more roomy?

My avatar
usinukveg
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Heavy wetting front sleeping 4 week old

Postby usinukveg » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks! He's called Levi Joshua and he's such an easy baby compared to the others.
I was wondering about airflows, but I've never had one. I'll see if anyone has one or two on the classifieds.
I haven't tried wool. It all seems complicated to me, but I haven't really learned about it.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat