hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby babyroo » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:35 pm

I don't think I've had anything that was really bad - worst were probalby swaddlebees pockets and tots wraps where I got more leaks than with anything else.

I am finding that the rise on quite a few nappies is not going to last Katie for a lot longer and she's only small - 22lbs at 18months.

But if they'd all been great then there would have been no need to replace them :wink:

My avatar
littlekiwibaby
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby littlekiwibaby » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:16 pm

I had 2 bimbles, they were in a bundle I bought a long time ago. They fit Arron for all of a day or two then they were just too tiny to go round him and he isnt big. I thought really the fit was disappointing for the way people rave about them even though they are gorgeous and soft and cute.

Cat.xx

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:43 pm

oh, I'd forgotten I'd bought a swaddlebees pocket. Despite being in the weight range it only just did up - and Connor's a skinny wee thing too. Anyway, I did try it a few times and it leaked each time within a short period of time. Actually I had a bit of a problem with leaky pockets in general, but recently tried Connor in a petite toddler fuzzi instead of a medium and it seemed to be a lot better...

Oh, why can I never write a short answer!!? I'm such a waffler..

Amanda x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 am

I think my worst buy has to have been the washing net thing - there was always one or more nappies stuck in the bottom of it when I emptied the machine and in the end I think it ripped a little - still got it, needs a mend and might use it for something else.

Best buy - Cloth nappies :D

If I had to rate them I would say bumgenius are my fav pockets (not tried any others - think about it and then think why bother when the bgs are working for us (apart from g's which are on the list) Then my fav 2 parter I think is still my little lambs if I'm in an aplix mood, but then if I'm in a popper mood I think the swaddlebees or MEOS.

Annette

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:29 pm

My worst buy was an Imse Vimse flanelette thingy. I think I tried it once before deciding it was completely pointless. It's sitting in an embarrassingly big pile of things I need to sell LOL!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:13 pm

was that the flat tie around thing Amanda??

My avatar
skaheadpunk
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby skaheadpunk » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:43 am

cherobanne wrote:I was exactly the same with the bimble! It had been recommended by so many people on BC - I was sure I must be doing something wrong! I kept checking easy peasy website to check it definitely did say 'up to 15lb' and I wasn't reading it wrong. Must just be the whole different nappies suiting different babies.. I've kept mine anyway - hopefully they'll suit a future baby better.

Joanne

Ruby seemed to be too small for hers! Couldn't get a good fit around the thighs, so have sold them all in favour of pocket bots and blueberries!

My avatar
sford1978
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sford1978 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:52 am

Some of the second hand ones I have bought have been just shocking :-(

My avatar
DevonLou
Clothie
Clothie

Postby DevonLou » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Some dodgy second hand Fuzzis off TNL that had seen better days and leaked liike mad - PUL shot, that weird nappy that looked like a seersucker teatowel (Minki waffle) that had a horrid lining and was nowhere near as absorbent as I was led to believe, my Rumpster AIO that just couldn't cope with Bea's wees, probably a few more, but my memory is hazy!

Lou

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat