hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:05 pm

lol Sally don't you hate nappies that arn't absorbant, WHAT'S the point :?: :?: :roll:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:21 pm

I still have my mesh bag in the bucket but seems silly really - lately I've been lifting the nappies out of the bag into the machine, because there's always some stuck at the bottom of the bag at the end of the wash that aren't washed properly!

Worst buy - lots and lots of paper liners before Matthew was born. After wearing nappy with paper liner twice he's had fleece liners ever since. I have millions of them in a drawer upstairs..

Best buy - I got 15% off my bamboozles so they were a good buy bargain wise (came to about £7.50 each) but I love all my nappies!

Joanne

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:29 pm

cherobanne wrote:After wearing nappy with paper liner twice he's had fleece liners ever since. I have millions of them in a drawer upstairs..

I was the same Joanne but I sold mine on the Nappy Lady site - why don't you list them on here in the new nappy market section - bizzarely some people love paper liners!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Joanne and Steph, I didn't think I'd think much to paper liners but when he was a nb I got a bit fed up of the 6 poos a day and found a system that worked really well for us. I cut each liner in thirds and just placed it in the most appropriate place over the fleece liner. I found this caught the worst of the mess but he had the benefit of lovely soft fleece everywhere else!

Yeah list them Joanne! :lol: :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:54 pm

To be honest we got on really well with paper until we discovered it was behind (hah - sorry!) her awful recurrent nappy rash...
I agree - they're good with bf poo as you get rid of the icky stuff...

My SIL to be got told not to use liners at all with her nappies though?!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:28 am

best seems to be my bumgenius's, but i seem to be so fickle that it could all chnage if i kept trying new things (tho i'm trying to stop myself!)
:oops:

real best is probably my ellas house hemp long inserts. perfect for everything! boosters, stuffing pockets, night times. (see i've altready changed my mind!)

worst buy would have to be the mumsnet advised trial pack i purchased as the first thing i tried in cloth! i dont think i have kept a single part of it!!!
i suppose it did help me find out what i do and dont like tho, so my future purchases have been much much better!!!!

Shevi[/img]

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 am

Maybe not my worst buy but one I probably should have thought more about- the tots pul covers. Although they are cute and very functional my Lil is way too smart and could undo the aplix from the moment we got it! I spend most of my day putting it back on, lol!!

Sam...

My avatar
Bear_of_little_brain
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bear_of_little_brain » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:00 pm

I felt the same about the clwt twt bambw btp - it is tiny and I can hardly do it up on W who is only 21lbs. I had a bimble when he was tiny and never got on with that. It was within his weight range and I couldn't do it up.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

I was exactly the same with the bimble! It had been recommended by so many people on BC - I was sure I must be doing something wrong! I kept checking easy peasy website to check it definitely did say 'up to 15lb' and I wasn't reading it wrong. Must just be the whole different nappies suiting different babies.. I've kept mine anyway - hopefully they'll suit a future baby better.

Joanne

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat