hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
Hayley1984
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby Hayley1984 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Wonderoos.....love the look but the fit is awful. I am fortunate enough to trail the V2 though and this is lush.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 pm

This is a toss up between Issy Bears or Cushies.....ugh!

The cushies are like bricks, leak, take ages to dry and just fit baddddddd...then the insides bobbled like mad, the smaller insert SHRANK and I was glad I got rid as several other people started having problems with the poppers breaking.
The issys were slightly worse (amazingly) fit wise bulky, wicked, leaked....*sigh*

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Cushies and Bambooty. Both absolutely rubbish fits and dont have the feel of premium nappy the price tag demands. My best buys are probably Thirsties Fab Fitted, Bumgenius v3 and Cotton Tots Bots (which you cant get any more).

My avatar
katyt
Clothie
Clothie

Postby katyt » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

A second hand nappy I paid £10 for described as GUC when I would never have sold it on personally :(

And Issy bears, I bought 4 of the new prints after people raving about the v1 but they're so bulky. Not a fan xx

My avatar
minirose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby minirose » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:07 pm

We don't seem to get on with the Tots Bots ranges, don't like the flexitot, easyfit, bamboozles or originals, they all leak loads and I don't rate the wraps much either :lookround: . I do like Fluffles though, nevr had a problem with them :-? :lol:

My avatar
Isla'smum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Isla'smum » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Worst buy has to be a Cushie Tushie - hated it on sight, the fit was awful and it leaked terribly - overall it didn't look, feel nor act like a fairly expensive nappy. Second Bambootys - not a good fit after a while (OK so DD2s shape probably changed) and they faded really quickly (only realised this when put them up against the wetbags) and stained really badly too plus DD2 out weed them within an hour - overall very disappointing :(

I know there have been others as I buy and sell a lot especially as DD2 has got older and her shape has changed plus she has turned into a champion weeer!

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:17 pm

I have a bad feeling the bambooties I had an obsession with for about a week are going to be a failure after reading the last few posts, one wicked today after only a few hours.
I really hate a few of our pretty nappies, they just wick straight through for no reason so obviously need stripping, plus I never reach for pretty ones as they are the 'save to show off' ones, so really they get on my nerves, then again so do bumgenius, I hate the fit even though they do fit, I dont like how difficult they are to get on my lo with the rise and the naf elastic, they just look kinda naf but function very well...i dont know, maybe i dont like any nappies after a while :giggle:

My avatar
dippydee
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby dippydee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:23 pm

My worst buy were cushies as they fitted ds terrible, and he out wee'd them in 1 wee :( pretty but just not for us i'm affraid :oops:

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sezzlebum » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:33 pm

cushies here too

ive had, poppers coming off (on both the insert and the wings), stitching coming undone around the top of the nappy, 2 of one print being completely different sizes and both bought new way after the recall, the backing comin off the mini booster, the booster shrinking in a curvy stoopid way.... awful quality for the cost of them :(

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat