hf1

What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What's your worst cloth nappy buy and why?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:17 pm

hmmmm so far our worst has to be all those things that fall into the prefold catergory, mio's cotton bottoms (although i liked the wraps on my tots bots) had a big arguement with the shop that sold them to me recently as she tried to tell me bambino mio is 'the best on the market hence why they r avaliable everywhere' so i had to put her right, tell her they're crap and to get online and do her research, told her how there was heaps on ebay because no one wanted them, because they r poo etc etc, to which she said she'd used them with no probs on her two kids. so i said wow, they work for two kids in the world then!lol the second worse has been the bg's, hate them, in fact i got a load i'll prob sell on, they leak and only last an hour or so b4 they're soaked.

my best buy?

tots bot bamboozles! and original tots etc etc, i love them! just ordered some unbleached ones too as i hear they r fluffier, we get a great fit, they catch all poop and after 10 mins in the tumble dryer (naughty mummy) they're lush imo, as r my bedbugs, the 2 i have are always either being washed or about to be used, i got 2 more on the way as i want him to have one for every night, they're pure lovliness!

My avatar
nzclothnappy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nzclothnappy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:43 pm

My worst buy would have to be YoYo's. Got them about 3rd hand so they were pretty worn but the fit around the leg was/is just awful. These are a one size from NZ. I haven't tried a brand new one so this is purely based on the ones in my stash but I am trying to get rid of them but considering how worn they are, don't think they will sell.

My best buy is definitely my Nudey!Rudey! again it is a one size NZ made nappy. I have used them since Miss K was a newborn and they have fitted her perfectly all the way long! Nice high rise at the back so we have had no poo explosions :hohoho:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:03 pm

we didnt get on with wonderoos, i bought 7 of them as a btp nappy but just couldnt get a ggod fit at all at nwborn stage, waited a while to grow into them too but they seemed baggy on the bum! and leaked

Best buys, little lambs, tots bots, itti bitti's. all fab

My avatar
Mcchick
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mcchick » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:24 pm

As much as I love the actual nappy..... I just can not geta good fit on JJ with Itti Bitti's!!! Such wonderfully slim yummyness but I just get wing droop or a builders bum with them!!! :( I wouldn't call it a worst buy though!!! That would be the pre folds I got 2nd hand years ago!!!

Lisa xx

My avatar
lealea
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lealea » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:09 am

I have a lonely baby pink wonderoo that I bought 9 months ago and has only been worn twice. I just couldn't get a good fit, it always seemed too big and had horrid wing droop. I haven't tried it recently now DD has grown, however I doubt it would be any better.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:51 pm

i cant really say much as i havent actually used any of ours yet but i do regret (and dont remember) buying these weird shaped nappies that need a wrap, they are shaped fabric with a liner attached, but again you need a wrap and the whole thing just puts me off, plus they are huge! I vaguely remember when I was a nursery nurse student at my family placement the mum was trying cloth nappies for a while and said she would never use them again and they leaked: she was using the nappies I mentioned above, shame that she didnt know about the less scary looking nappies that are out there.

One of those overrated cheap aio's from ebay, it was red fleece all over with some weird tartan fabric on the inside and velcro that had obviously been very swiftly sewed on in the usual places for nappys of this style, i was intrigued at how this fleece disaster could possibly be an all in one as there was no waterproofing and the fleece very thin so i tested it with water (as did many other people who had left negative feedback but of course I was one of the first to buy this nappy so there was no feedback), it of course leaked straight through, in fact leaked wasn't the word, more like poured, so that needs a wrap obviously, i told the 'company' this in my feedback. They are now selling these in sets which cost the price of an actual decent nappy set; somewhere along the lines of £200, i think whoever buys that will shed a few tears, hopefully not on to the nappy as it will leak :giggle:

im sure i will learn much more when i start using the nappies too! im just so glad i didnt go to somewhere terrible like mothercare and buy a 'birth to potty set', you can find nappies cheaper elsewhere (in fact most things cheaper elsewhere) and oh the fun of searching on sites like this and spending loads and getting different types!
:wine:
Last edited by smilinglou on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
drainpipe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drainpipe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Definitely the Coolababy nappies from ebay. Thank goodness I only got 4.
Wash nappies on cold? What the blazes is that about?!!!!

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:18 am

drainpipe wrote:Definitely the Coolababy nappies from ebay. Thank goodness I only got 4.
Wash nappies on cold? What the blazes is that about?!!!!

you dont have to wash them on cold... i wash them on 40-60 every day and they are fab...saying that if you are selling?!!!

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 am

My worst buy would have to be the starter pack i bought when i first tried out cloth, was £50 quid and the only nappy i kept out of the 4 was the itti.... i sold on the bambinex os wrap, terrible fit, bambinex teddy, not absrobent enough, and the flexi tot, too big. BOOOO! Lost loads of cash on that....

Best buys.... hmmmm, prob my whole newborn stash, have about 30 nappies, 3 wool soakers, and 3 pul wraps for about £60 in total. Which i think is a bargain!

Dylans best buy would be his preloved WNOS, was about £8 and i use it all the time......

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat