Newbie - advice about reusable nappies needed

My avatar
Arleneskip
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie - advice about reusable nappies needed

Postby Arleneskip » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:39 am

Hi all,
I am pregnant with my first currently and i am looking at using reusable nappies throughout, however the world of reusable is so confusing! I don't know where to start.
I was planning on buying one of the birth to potty starter kits however alot of people have said to try a few different types first to see what we get on with.
What would people's suggestions be? Plus I have no idea how many I will need - any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newbie - advice about reusable nappies needed

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:45 am

Find a local nappy library as they often have newborn kits you can try to get an idea before you invest. Worst case I know of several nappy libraries that will do distance loans so you can hire a kit without being local.
Good luck and congratulations

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Newbie - advice about reusable nappies needed

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi @Arleneskip congratulations on your :pregnant: :pregnant: and welcome to the tree :wave: !

Have a read through this thread here, lots of info and links on to further threads with lots of good info:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=118720

I agree, don't buy a pack, if your baby's body doesn't suit what you have bought it is a total waste! Id say you need at least 24 in the first period, you can potentially get away with a few less as baby gets bigger depending on your washing routine.

Have fun deciding what you are going to get nad feel free to come back with questions as you have them.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat