hf1

Terries to the rescue - yay!

My avatar
yollande
Clothie
Clothie

Terries to the rescue - yay!

Postby yollande » Tue May 24, 2022 12:07 pm

Thanks to a good friend giving me for free everything needed to experiment with terries, I’ve finally found a successful night nappy solution for my heavy wetting 20 month old. Through trial and error I’ve found the kite fold to be the most effective, and when boosted with a pad folded second terry and snugly secured with two pins it actually lasts the whole night without any leaks! It’s taken a bit of practice to perfect it and it’s very important to ensure all the nappy is tucked inside the wrap around the legs (as I found out to my cost….duhh!) I have those traditional type plastic pants which seem to work great.
The only concern I have is how bulky the nappy is, generally all over but especially between his legs, and whilst my DS is being quite good about having it put on, his ability to walk is definitely affected by it. Do I need to be concerned about this at all? Because it’s so bulky I’m delaying putting the nappy on him until near to his bedtime, as once he’s in bed it’s much less of an issue, but I’m still concerned about how wide apart his legs are being kept by it. Again, should I be worried about this? I really want to stick with this method if I can as it’s proving to be so successful, but is so much bulk quite normal for a boosted nighttime terry? Reassurance please!! Thank you x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat